ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DE-Cat HELP ME MOT!!!!

clio MK1 1.2
Any one know where i can get a cheap CAT or standard Exhaust system or any one got one for sale???????
Need one for the MOT ARRRGGGHHHH so frustraiting

S2000
You could always tell them that the engine in the car came out of a J-reg mk1 and they then have to test it according to the standards that would have been set at the time iirc, which means no need for a cat ;)

LY 182
You could always tell them that the engine in the car came out of a J-reg mk1 and they then have to test it according to the standards that would have been set at the time iirc, which means no need for a cat ;)
1 they arent morons :)lolup: ) and 2 its the other way round its the year the car was registered not the engine

S2000
1 they arent morons :)lolup: ) and 2 its the other way round its the year the car was registered not the engine

:nono: Its not the other way round, its based on the age of the engine. Morons or not thats the way it works.

Clio 182
Do any cars pass without cats? (i mean newer ones) a guy at work claimed his vectra 2.5V6 passed without one thats all (might not be true)

the only reason I ask is that since changing my spark plugs, my emissions light doesn't come on anymore - and I'm wondering if that means it would pass an MOT.

I'm going to take it in for one early to see first - otherwise will have to go on a hunt, might get a sports cat instead if they are ok

there is no requirement for the car to be fitted with a cat, however it does have to reach the emissions limits set out by the manufacturer when new.....this means it would be highly unlikely to pass without one....telling the testing station that the car is fitted with an older engine will not work as the testing station will simply go by engine number which will prove you are lying. The exception is a heavily modified vehicle which has an engine which was never officially fitted to that vehicle... i.e Peugeot 205 with MI16 engine fitted or Nova with C20XE redtop fitted....hope this clarifies things.. :)