ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

De-cat - is it worth it?

FF 182 Petrol Blue
Hi all,

been suggested to de-cat the 182.... a couple of questions -

1) is it worth it? do you loose torque for ultimate power?
2) which de-cat is best to buy with a standard exhaust system?
3) If the car has already had a re-map, will it need to re-maped again as a result of having a de-cat?

Thanks,

Waste of time.

You will fail mot and have an eml on the dash.

No performance increase either just noise.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
as above Darren, not worth it, same as the mk1's really, some people rave about it (placebo imo) and some people think why bother with a road car ;)

Renault Clio182 bean
I like it on mine, sounds better (if you like it loud) don't know about power gains but freed up the revs somewhat. Anything that helps the engine get more air in/out will normally give you some sort of gain, even if its only a small one.

172 Cup
182 decats are cheap and easy to fit, see how you like it, can always take it off. I had a scorpion one on my standard 182 exhaust, thought it sounded well.

Megane r26
Mines decatted, purely because my cat had seen better days, I wasn't buying a poor quality remake or paying extortionate Renault price.

As for eml there's plenty of cheap emulators available or just put it to fresh air and there's plenty of mot stations ;)