ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

De-catting info needed plz!

When i was waiting for my powerflow system to be finished i asked the person if he could put on a de-cat pipe on at the same time. he replied "that clio 16v dont run well when it has been de-catted, he has heared problems about them". i believed him because he he has done other things on my car before.

BUT now i see so many peeps have de-catted their 16v so i was woundering have u had any problems with the running of the car and also was it wort it.

cheers

De-catting should make the exhaust system less restrictive, and so should increase power and nearly all cases this has happened, only thing is will probably make the exhaust sound louder and will probably increase your emissions, but de-cat pipes do normally give power gains on the 16v.

Have just put my BB Performance Tuning dacat pipe on my willy and would like to know if i will need to get the car tunned. Will it be running to rich or to lean.

Willy2

i got mine done by powerflow and it was really loud, straight from the downpipe and my missus would not let up about it so i got the cat put back on. She has now shut up.:( Definate power gain and a nice popping noise when you let off the accelerator.

What bout the MOT. I can heve mine done whenever but am worried bout the MOT and it failing on the emissions?

If it is a case of putting the cat back on for the MOT, is this a big job and how much would it cost?

Kev

Golf GTTDI 130PD

Well, Ive just had the 1.4 (P reg) MOTd and had the cat put back on as it wouldnt have passed.

Drove up to Donny and back with cat on and I have noticed that it is smoother drive but not nearly as nippy.

Also heaps quieter.....missed it alot.

u have to put the cat back on for mot. only 4 bolts!! + it makes a good nice difference with a de-cat. dunno what the guys on about?

BMW 320d Sport

Either get a bent MOT certificate or put the cat on for the test. There are no disadvantages to getting rid of the cat, performance wise. It will pop a bit more though. It will make absolutely no difference to the air/fuel ratio whatsoever. The cat is after the lamda sensor so there is no way the cat or absence of it can have any effect on the ECU