ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dead Key

Megane 225 baby! :)

Seems that I am unable to use my plip to activate my central locking or my alarm! Is this something that Renault have to rectify or can I just replace the battery myself?

The button on the plip seems to be working okay and the light is flashing as per normal, managed to open up the car with it but cant seem to close it.

Any advice greatly appreciated!!! :D

Sawa

sometimes batterys have enough charge to light the led but not enough to produce the signal to unlock the door, try a battery first if this doesnt work get renault to look at it

Okay - stupid question (again!) :oops:

How do I open the key??? It seems to be sealed all round!!!!!

halfords sell replacement batteries.

as for opening it hehe, ive just had a bash and cant get it open either:(

looks like it should just push off, hmm

Take the ring off of the key and slide the two halfs appart.Its pretty tight though.If you hold the key with the button facing up (as if you were pointing it at your car to unlock it) the top of the key should slide back towards you.

Ive had to do a couple of these now as my work vans are Renault, and Im a locksmith so that helps ;)

Clio 200 FF

i have the same problem, i replaced the battery in the main key and it was no different, i tried the spare and that wouldnt work either. I put the key in the ignition to see if it would start (it did), i took the key out and it locked the car??????

It seems to happen every 2 weeks or so now and i put the key in the ign, swith on to acc position and its ok. Apparently inside the ign barrell theres a ring which recodes the key every time its inserted (if a theif scans / grabs your remote signal its no use to them then), what seems to be happening with mine is it doesnt always recode.

When i took the car to the dealer it worked so he didnt do anything :mad: - try starting the car then retry the remote

My plip died a while ago - locked the car on the plip, then couldnt unlock it... The light came on and Id had no signs of weak batteries, but it just stopped working. Took it to Renault (complete with alarm going off - as I couldnt turn the damn thing off!) and they charged me £40 to re-synchronise the key fob to the receiver unit in the car - apparently they have a scrolling code and my car had received the transmission to lock, incremented its code and the signal to increment never got back to the key - therefore they were on different codes and wouldnt talk to each other. Dont know how true any of that was though (typical Renault dealer sh!t no-doubt?)...

Cheers for all the advice, guys!!! But the strange thing is as soon as I went to drive home from work, just pliped it as normal and the bloody thing worked :mad:, think I will keep an eye on it from now on and she is due to have a service soon so if still playing up, shall ask my friendly Renault dealer to take a look!

Seems that its not the only one to experience this so dont feel that I am going mad!!!:p