ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decat has thrown the warning light on

RS 182 FF
When I originally put the decat on obviously it threw the engine warning light on but recently i've been using Momentum fuel and it's gone out? Stayed out for a while as well. Does anyone know whether this is to do with the sensor that was in the cat and whether it will stay out permanently provided I always use Momentum?

When I originally put the decat on obviously it threw the engine warning light on but recently i've been using Momentum fuel and it's gone out? Stayed out for a while as well. Does anyone know whether this is to do with the sensor that was in the cat and whether it will stay out permanently provided I always use Momentum?

Funny one that !
Ive a decat on my clio 182 and I've only ever ran mine on 99ron fuel, but I've never had the light come on ! Where as people run decats and they come on every now and then !

I wonder if it is something to do with it ? Obviously the higher ther octane the better the burn so maybe it's enough to keep the light off

RS 182 FF
Next time I fill up I'm going to put Momentum in again and see if it makes a difference. Originally the light was coming on and now it's just turned off lol. Another question is, will I get away with this for my MOT or will I need to put the original back on?

Next time I fill up I'm going to put Momentum in again and see if it makes a difference. Originally the light was coming on and now it's just turned off lol. Another question is, will I get away with this for my MOT or will I need to put the original back on?

It will fail MOT with a decat unless you get somebody to pass it dodgey ! But if you do , dont tell me as I'm a MOT tester and I can't hear you!!!!! Lol

It should fail its emissions test , but I've heard people say there's have got through with a decat on emissions (I've never seen it) but
It will fail the actual test now because its now a fail to not have the component (cat) fitted ! So even if you miraculously got it through the emissions test it will fail on the cat missing !

See how you get on ! Like I say I run mine regliously in 99ron momentum if not BP ultimate ! And I've had mine on since November and the light has never come on ! I could just be lucky though !

RS 182 FF
Okay bud thanks for the heads up! Probs just saved me the cost of the MOT lol. I guess the question is now, do I fill up next with regular or momentum to see if the light comes on or stays out?! Dun, dun, dunnnnnn..... lol!

Okay bud thanks for the heads up! Probs just saved me the cost of the MOT lol. I guess the question is now, do I fill up next with regular or momentum to see if the light comes on or stays out?! Dun, dun, dunnnnnn..... lol!

No problem mate glad it helps out ! Saves everybody hassle !

Lol if it was me I'd do another tank of momentum , see if it stays off ! Then run it after on normal ! Lol

Ive never ran any of my clios on normal so I couldn't tell you that lol !

Ph1 172, E36 328
On the inside of my filler cap it says "98 ron Reccomended" so I only use tesco 99 or V power if I can't find it. My engine light comes on sometimes but I just erase it with my obd2 reader. Oh and the code says my cats not functioning properly... Probably cos it hasn't got one lol