ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decat on, 4 weeks, 2,000 miles, 1 trackday, no warning light...why?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
i put mine for an mot, and the emissions were double!!!!!!

(but strangely enough, my mate mot'd it and it passed!!)

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
run a bottle of forte through the engine, tank it, and rag the balls out of it for an hour before the emmisions test :)

Volvo S60 T5
It's a simple question Mark.... I fitted it LOL

Just lucky, mines the same it's never come on and have no trouble mot time.

172cup/BMW 320 coupe
im looking at gettin one on my cup, now i got the exhaust to match, but dont want the light to come on the dash, anyone no if the light will come on and has anyone found a way of getting to go off again(without replacing the cat!)and how much louder does it make it?
also where is the best place to get one? the place i got the exhaust done said they do one or is it best gettin one from yoxxasport,k-tec etc????

172cup/BMW 320 coupe
cheers dude, dont want to wake the neighbours kids up! they've already moaned about the loudness of the exhaust, which isnt that loud!
any recomendations on where to get one?

M2 Competition
An unsilenced decat is basically a piece of pipe mate, so anywhere will do really...

My light hasnt come on, apparently it can depend on how far in the lambda sensors go on it? ie some makes are worse than others? this right?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
davo172cup said:
cheers dude, dont want to wake the neighbours kids up! they've already moaned about the loudness of the exhaust, which isnt that loud!
any recomendations on where to get one?

Yozzasport failing that Motorsportworld.

On the 172's it won't come on if you unplug the second sensor.
On the 182's it comes on regardless after time.
It can sometimes take a bit of time for the light to come on 172's if they have the second sensor plugged in

172cup/BMW 320 coupe
cheers mate, superfastdan pm'd me saying janspeed decat is good so guna look at them!
whats the difference,performance wise between a decat and a silenced decat?

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
Another thread here about the light coming on.

IIRC the yozza decat has a bend and better welding but not sure.

193 mk2
whats the difference,performance wise between a decat and a silenced decat?[/QUOTE]

there isn't any m8, both are just straight through pipes. the only difference with the silenced one is it has a silencer round the pipe to make it quieter lol, not that it makes much difference in my opinion. i've got the janspeed silenced de-cat. as for quality its only a pipe but weld wise yozzasport decats are the dogs danglers.

Lionel Richie
Paul J said:
Another thread here about the light coming on.

IIRC the yozza decat has a bend and better welding but not sure.

yeah our 182 decat is the only one i know of that has a very very very very very tiny bend in it

i happy to say you'll struggle to beat the quality of our exhaust components (BTB and Orbisoud are the only other companies i've seen that i would regard as good quality)

182's always seem to put the light up, 172cups generally don't, and some mk2 172's don't either, very strange

I've had my de-cat for about five weeks now with no light.

If the light came on could you use an OBDII reader to re-set the light?

193 mk2
lol, mostly not! just because the emissions light hasn't come on doesn't mean it will pass. but its always worth a try, you might be one of the lucky ones.

Lionel Richie
MarkCup said:
I love your welds Fred.

that's not my wleding! its approved by me though (i try to check everything before sending it out)

it "might" pass the MOT, but i doubt it

clio 182 FF
I remember when I had my civic type r and I de-cated mine my engine warning light came on,the way I over came the prob was by gettin a O2 sim for it and no guys not a sim card from your phone lol
also I noticed a increase in fuel as the ecu was not reading the lambda probs right as it was over fueling cauz the lambda probs was getting the figures that was before i put the o2 sim on.
does anyone here know if I was to go to dastek in scotland this would map out my probs if I de-cat my RS182 as I dont know if they do o2 sim for RS182?

TVR Cerbera
If your light is on check the lambda isn't broke. my light was off for about 6 months then came on, thought, oh the light thing, it'll go out, still hasn't gone out 6 months later, but just had it tested and the probe is bust. £90 from renault!

TVR Cerbera
Greenys_meanies said:
If your light is on check the lambda isn't broke. my light was off for about 6 months then came on, thought, oh the light thing, it'll go out, still hasn't gone out 6 months later, but just had it tested and the probe is bust. £90 from renault!

And the light is still on....arrrrg