ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decat - which one?

E90 320d M Sport
Hi,

Decided i'm going to get a decat for my ph2 172. I am aware I need one with the two senor holes on but not sure if there is one suited to my ktec stealth stainless system.

Is there one I should be looking at in particular?

Cheers

Breaking 172 NV676
I brought the k-tec one which is actually a janspeed.

In theory any one will fit as the start and end points will essentially be the same as the cat that is in there.

E90 320d M Sport
I'll check that one out then I think.

How easy / hard is it to fit? I've got a trolley jack and axel stands.

Clio 197
I have been looking for a decat recently too, there are a few options but just make sure they have to 2 holes

NWP do one for £103 delivered (limited stock)

There are some Blueflame ones on ebay for £100 delivered (but the guy didnt know there was a ph1 and ph2 172 so i would personally be dubious about buying from them)

and then there is Ktec for £130 ish delivered.

Or you could go to a custom exhaust place to get one made up - not sure on the price for this service however.

Whichever option is chosen you will need a downpipe to cat fitting kit which is about £11 (ebay)

I have read it can be a PITA but i will be attempting it with the same equipment as you (replaced a 3" turbo back exhaust on my old scooby on axle stands so it wont be that difficult on the 172)

Last edited:
  Breaking 172 NV676
will make it alot easier with two people, I went to my mates tyre company and we had it up on his ramps and did it. Spent a while fiddling about in the end just took off the front floor tray and it was done in minutes after that!

Scattle

ClioSport Club Member
  Nissan R35 GTR
I bought the one from K-tec brand new, and it was actually made by Milltek, looks like it's made well, had it on for about 6 months.

Radical SR3
sorry to jump on this thread, I have the K-Tec decat and the mount to the manifold is floating/lose unlike the stock cat which is fixed so easier to line up and fit. As a result it's blowing from the join.

Anyone who's done this job, could you do it on your own if you drop the rear part of the subframe to remove the ARB (I'm doing the bushes on that anyway). It's just so tight in there, there's no way you can hold the bolts to stop them rotating when fitting up.