ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decent budget compact camera to compliment DSLR.

I have been out and about recently and always wished I had my camera with me, so looking for a pocket (ish) sized camera that can throw up some decent image quality.

Looking around £200 and I know I will be looking at 2nd hand for anything pretty good, so recommendations be appreciated!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I looked at this a while back and realised it was utterly pointless as I'd either never use my SLR again or never use the compact.

Phone cameras are pretty decent and if you know what you're doing, they're more than enough IMO.

Use the money to buy something else for your SLR - or anything else :p I don't mind.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah. The 5 is terrible.
Although there are a few decent apps. There's a full manual camera available now too for it but it's fiddly.

Not sure on compact tho although the wife has a canon of some sort which is pretty good. Can be fully manual too or just point and shoot.

I have been out and about recently and always wished I had my camera with me, so looking for a pocket (ish) sized camera that can throw up some decent image quality.

Looking around £200 and I know I will be looking at 2nd hand for anything pretty good, so recommendations be appreciated!
ce5e6aeaff9c59abd7b4ebb6c4e5f854.jpg

I got a Samsung nx1100 to replace my Nikon. Not so much out of choice, but it was on a special price at time and thought I'd try it.

The lens in pic is standard and I've since bought a pancake lens which makes it even more pocketable. For the sort of money you can pick one up for its a decent buy, probably 150 ish. Even new their 200 I think. I paid 80 for the pancake lens and it's quite good!

The cameras handling I'm not so fussed on, and obviously no viewfinder means you tend to rely on auto focus more. Auto F isn't so great to be fair.

It does however have great image quality to be fair. For the price I'd recommend it.
Some sample shots.

Free hand low light shots even come out well.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1424958985119.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1424958985119.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 40
  • uploadfromtaptalk1424959018226.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1424959018226.jpg
    332.3 KB · Views: 43
  • uploadfromtaptalk1424959065388.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1424959065388.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 45
  • uploadfromtaptalk1424959085550.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1424959085550.jpg