ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decent impact gun

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Need something okay for home, I’m certainly not doing suspension work just after something to whizz wheel nuts off etc. had a Quick Look and the dewalt 899 and Milwaukee m12/18 seem really popular, quite expensive though.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Just get the big b*****d Milwaukee. It's total overkill for doing wheel nuts, but it's got the capacity to knock off suspension bolts if you ever need that.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Buy the milwaukee or dewalt. The cheap ones struggle to undo wheel bolts if tight or rusty and batterys go flat fast.

My dewalt 899 has had years of abuse and no issues, battery lasts ages. When it pops its clogs ill buy a milwaukee.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
The 3/8 one is supposed to be decent, id imagine it will do what you need it to.

Personally id buy the big un. Itll cover all bases in the future.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I think you should consider what other cordless tools you'll want in the future, then research the different systems and buy Milwaukee like the rest of us 🤣

Seriously though, once you've picked a system and have some batteries the bare tools are fairly good value for money. And having everything use the same set of batteries and charger is so much better.

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
high torque milwaukee 1/2 m18, not found anything yet it can't undo beats all the snap on/dewault guns the other techs at work have.

i have the m12 3/8 with a 6 ah battery which would be ok to get some wheel nuts off, but probably not if rusted.

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
I went for a ryobi, loads of random ass tools you can use on the same battery especially for DIY stuff. Usually have a bundle on offer. The air compressor they do is handy for tyres too

DaveL485

ClioSport Club Member
  21T, 9T, Meglio, V6
I bought the Milwaukee M18 1/2" and quite frankly its unbelievable.

Spectacular torque, battery life is fantastic.

thecrim22

ClioSport Club Member
  various
Is there a specific model number to buy?
IMG_20231211_083305.jpg

That will def take your wheel nuts and hub nuts off

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Ryobi brushless HP here for me, mine has taken masses of abuse and never left me stuck yet! 20yr old rusty suspension/subframe bolts etc with ease! You could probably get away with one of the lower powered ones just for wheels right enough but this is the one i use:

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
I’ve got the RYOBI and their electric ratchet thing as well. It’s OK and does everything I need it for. But if I was spending the money again I’d be buying the red stuff. It can lack the grunt on things like hub nuts. I will say having interchangeable battery between differing tools is bloody useful

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure I’ve even needed to charge my Milwaukee 3/8ths mid torque impact yet, so definitely not got my moneys worth yet, but it works great for getting my wheels nuts for without needing to crack them off before I get the car in the air.
Highly recommended.