ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decent Landline/Broadband Deals

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Going to be moving out with the Missus soon and am just trying to start making decisions and doing the maths on bills,

We will be wanting a landline even though we both will mainly use our mobiles and broaband so maybe just evening and weekend calls or something,
What is the best deals at the minute?
Want a good fast but reliable broadband connection and a wireless router thrown in if possible for her Laptop,

I've got a BT with Homehub at the parents and she has Virgin at her parents but I'm not overly impressed with her speed and connection when at hers,

Recommendations please,

Cheers
Andy.

Mk2 Golf GTI
Virgin were offering 10mb BB free evening/weekend calls for £5 for the first 3 months then £15 after that. Think there may be the £11 line rental on top

Peddled device
So £26 per month? Beats the £34 a month l pay BT. I hardly use the land-line phone and now have to pay to use my mobile as well.

Do Virgin do a package for BB,LL & mobile calls/web browsing?

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Avoid Talk Talk like the plague, it's awful. It is however very cheap. The old addage you get what you pay for.

M135i
My talk talk connection is ace for a 8mb line. Never drops outs and can d/l from newsgroups at 7.7mbps stable!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Just been looking on BT and they do some decent packages plus you get the Homehub which I can find no fault with the Wireless Connection at home,

Bumder With A Buffer
Round your way Andy your best bet is BT, If you were in Ipswich or Norwich id say look at BE buts it not worth it for the likes of you and me living in the middle of know-where (ish)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I'm moving to near Norwich :)

Costessey to be precise.... About bloody time tbh

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Right I've now got the keys to the Apartment so am now looking to sort out the Broadband/Phone Line..... I've plugged a Phone in the Socket and have a Dial Tone whish the Landlord states through BT so I think I'll be going with them,

How do I go about getting the phone number on that line? Or am I likely to be issued with a new number?

Hoping to sort is ASAP so any advice would be great.

Bumder With A Buffer
First off ring your mobile or something and you will see if its connected/has a number attached to it??

PS im having a look at your PS3 tonight..haven't had a chance yet!

Andy, avoid Virgin like the plague, they'll toss you around for hours and days and weeks chap.

In all honesty, Sky. No idea on prices, but for an all in one, defo go with Sky over VM.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Not bother with Sky TV though so thinking BT will be easiest.... I tried to ring out from the Apartment Line the other day and it wouldn't let me but there is a dial tone.

RS Megane 225F1
O2 are very good.

I pay £9.79 a month for 20mb line, 11.25 (ish) for bt makes twenty pounds somet.... ;)

Never let me down yet.

Cheers
Lee

Bumder With A Buffer
Cotessey is outside of Norwich yes??? Your best bet is BT or BE if they are around your way...going with sky isn't worth it (unless u want it cheap of course!!)

Sky give you line rental (£10), 10gb allowance of up to 10mb broadband (£10) and basic package of sky (£16.50) so £36.50 for sky tele, a phone line, and broadband.

Better value than 11.75 for BT line rental, ~£15 broadband. All through one company and you got some extra channels for when the wife is boring you

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Sky give you line rental (£10), 10gb allowance of up to 10mb broadband (£10) and basic package of sky (£16.50) so £36.50 for sky tele, a phone line, and broadband.

Better value than 11.75 for BT line rental, ~£15 broadband. All through one company and you got some extra channels for when the wife is boring you

If you can get that in your area though, I checked and I cant so have to pay an extra £10 or so on top.

Plusnet are decent Andy, I use them for my phone, phone line and broadband.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
O2 are very good.

I pay £9.79 a month for 20mb line, 11.25 (ish) for bt makes twenty pounds somet.... ;)

Never let me down yet.

Cheers
Lee

Same,

Im on 16mbit with o2 but theres no 12month contract which is always good to have. Also pay £9.79. Consistantly fast download and upload speeds. Will happily max the connection out of the source your downloading from is fast enough.

They also chuck in a free wireless router which has never let me down

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Andy, avoid Virgin like the plague, they'll toss you around for hours and days and weeks chap.

In all honesty, Sky. No idea on prices, but for an all in one, defo go with Sky over VM.

Lol, that's a bit of a horrendous sweeping statement.

I take it you had a bad experience? Never found them to be a problem myself. Always had stuff installed on time and have never had to call CS.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Gone with BT in the end...... Unlimited Broadband, Free Evening and Weekend Calls and Home Hub with Phone for £35 inc Line Rental,
Could have maybe got cheaper elsewherere but I've always been happy with the Service while living at home.

No Connection Fee either which was a Bonus :D