ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decent sprayers in South East

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Unfortunately my trusted painter is being forced out of his current building soon, so I'm on the hunt for someone else who can be trusted.

Any recent recommendations for anyone in the South East area?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I went to see the guys at KDS in Medway about a few bits I want doing on the impreza.

Not cheap though mate but there work is stunning.

Scattle

ClioSport Club Member
  Nissan R35 GTR
Darnley Auto Works in Rochester Kent, they sprayed my Dads orange Supra, there's a thread on here with photos.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Darnley Auto Works in Rochester Kent, they sprayed my Dads orange Supra, there's a thread on here with photos.

I will give them a call mate, KDS wanted £400 + vat to paint my boot plus extra money to colour match.

If it took them a day then that was going to be another £400 + vat.

I don't mind spending and it must be perfect but £1k to paint a boot lid us a bit much....lol

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Wow thanks guys, only just seen all the replies. Will have a look at all the suggestions

I went to see the guys at KDS in Medway about a few bits I want doing on the impreza.

Not cheap though mate but there work is stunning.
Their site is pretty impressive, but Gillingham is a proper s**t hole, and I lived in Croydon so I do not use that term lightly

Wow thanks guys, only just seen all the replies. Will have a look at all the suggestions

Their site is pretty impressive, but Gillingham is a proper s**t hole, and I lived in Croydon so I do not use that term lightly
I went to Lepsons in Gillingham last year, the high st & surrounding areas were a dump though!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I went to Lepsons in Gillingham last year, the high st & surrounding areas were a dump though!
KDS is on the same estate as them bud, at the end on the left.

Guy wouldn't let me in the workshop to have a look at there work.
Just told me to have a look at there company vw caddy van that they had painted.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
KDS is on the same estate as them bud, at the end on the left.

Guy wouldn't let me in the workshop to have a look at there work.
Just told me to have a look at there company vw caddy van that they had painted.
He might have done that with good reason, but that's still shady. Sounds snobbish, but there's no snobbery involved when talking about Gillingham. Might as well be Mordor for all I care, it's a collection of national crust. Last time I was there some fine young lad was beating on his girlfriend. I had to step in because I felt obliged but should have kept walking, she looked like she deserved it. Plus an Evo in Gillingham is like flies on s**t lol.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
It may well be worth calling the likes of dupont and asking for a recommendation from them. If there's someone that will know it's them.
I used to work for a car insurer in Tunbridge Wells and still know a lot of the estimators so will ask around to see who's good and bad.
Look for PAS125 kitemark.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
He might have done that with good reason, but that's still shady. Sounds snobbish, but there's no snobbery involved when talking about Gillingham. Might as well be Mordor for all I care, it's a collection of national crust. Last time I was there some fine young lad was beating on his girlfriend. I had to step in because I felt obliged but should have kept walking, she looked like she deserved it. Plus an Evo in Gillingham is like flies on s**t lol.
Well a white impreza with plated diffs and a paddle clutch isn't exactly descret. [emoji23]

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Going to give a few a call today. GL Coachworks looks like a good shout.

lol no it's not you're right
Let me know how you get on bud, I also had a look at the company's web site's that have been posted.

Got to say that GL looked the best (I know it doesn't mean alot)

If I can find the time then I might pop over to see them with the car at some point. [emoji2]

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Yeah i am just fishing at this stage, i'm looking at getting the rear end painted on the evo. If you're in no rush we could go captain planet on them and see if they'd do a decent price for both lol :D

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Sounds like a plan mate.

I need the roof, boot lid and the new front bumper I bought painted.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Similar level of work there to mine. Ok, i'll pm you later and we can devise a quick one of what needs doing. Don't think it will aid the price much but every little helps

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member
That's ominously cheap!

That's about 2 miles from where I'm sitting, thanks
it is but the job looked great. Was white tho. My friend had her dc2 painted by him as well and she was happy... that was white too.
IMG-20140805-WA0002_zpsre110hs8.jpg

thats what he fixed. Looked great after

Last edited:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Let me know how you get on bud, I also had a look at the company's web site's that have been posted.

Got to say that GL looked the best (I know it doesn't mean alot)

If I can find the time then I might pop over to see them with the car at some point. [emoji2]
I've used GL before and recommended a good few times, they're nice chaps and do a good job in my experience to date.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Thanks for the heads up mate. [emoji106]

Myself and SC are going to meet up at GLs next Saturday morning to have a chat with the guy and have a look at their work. [emoji2]

Thanks for the heads up mate. [emoji106]

Myself and SC are going to meet up at GLs next Saturday morning to have a chat with the guy and have a look at their work. [emoji2]

what happened at GLs then? any good? did they give a reasonable price? am looking to get a few bits touched up on my car too.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
what happened at GLs then? any good? did they give a reasonable price? am looking to get a few bits touched up on my car too.
I didn't have time in the end, what with my car being off the road it wasn't top of my to do list just yet.

But i will pay them a visit soon.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Scott, when you've been, can you let me know please mate, I wanna get my front end done [emoji2]
Yeah bruv, of course i will.
If the weather's crap on Saturday then I will go over to see them (won't be in my car)

I also need a plastic boot lid trim painting on the wife's car so I will go over in that and take the part with me. [emoji2]

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Arctic 182
Yeah bruv, of course i will.
If the weather's crap on Saturday then I will go over to see them (won't be in my car)

I also need a plastic boot lid trim painting on the wife's car so I will go over in that and take the part with me. [emoji2]

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Let us know on here as im interested as well!