ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decisions, decisions

206 gti
Hellooo :)

Firstly, just like to say what a good forum you guys have built up here. Im very impressed. :approve:

Right, i currently drive a saxo vtr, im 19 and to be honest im getting pretty bored of it. I have just got a pay rise at work and am thinking of upgrading to something newer/quicker.

I have always liked the clio sports models, my friend used to own a 1.6 16v which i liked alot and i have always liked the way the drive etc.

Well, in the next few months i hope to own a new car, i have compiled a list of cars i will be looking for. Its not to long :p

In order of preference,

Clio 182
Clio 172
Peugeot 106 gti
Peugeot 306 gti-6.

I have checked insurance and i can afford to insure any really. The only problem i have is the differences between a 172 and a 182.

Is it really worth it?

The 182 isn't a huge amount more to insure, will probabely cost a tad more to buy but i can't see that being a big headache. As the 172 is only 10bhp less obviously it isn't going to be as quick but coming from the vtr it will be a step in the right direction.

The question i am asking (finally) is is it worth spending more on a 182 at my age?

Sorry for the essay ;)

Dan :approve:

Mk4 .:R32
I recently bought a 172 and I'm 19. Defo worth it! not sure about chosing between 182 and 172. Doubt you would notice the 10bhp to be honest, you would just need to shop round to see whether it's worth the extra money for the twin exhausts.