ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

decisions .... HELP!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
ok after some s**t im not going in to... i need help...

i have sourced a set of re sleek headlights, i need to change my bumper and bonnet, i had a carbon bonnet sorted but he sold the whole car...

now!! do i go with a stock bonnet like i had or i have been offered a re bonnet genuine and very expensive but i got a good price just not 100% sure i like it... here is a pic of another car with the same fitted...

IMG00133-20090503-1721.jpg

now bumper i can get a stock one pretty easy... i know of one 99 spec one but im not happy paying 500quid for a second hand stock bumper!!

so i was thinking of the feed type 2 bumper which looks like this...

rx7ff.jpg

or do i stick with stock... pre 99 spec?

wheels are stock for another month but possibly have some ssr professors lined up :D

this is the re sleek lights...

05_fd_hirata_go_all.jpg

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
ignore the other bumpers the white bumper is what your looking at, also your looking at the black bonnet and the lights on the green one lol

172, Tiguan
I don't like any of them that much, but the lights you've bought are OK, so keep it standard but put them on if poss?

The black bonnet looks like a cheese graiter (sp) and the white bumper looks tacky. The RX7 is all about the subtle curves and thick B/C pillar and you are introducing sharp edges and hideous triangular shapes. You're verging on turning it into a mess just for the sake of a few brand names that only 3 people in the UK know of.

I don't like any of them that much, but the lights you've bought are OK, so keep it standard but put them on if poss?

The black bonnet looks like a cheese graiter (sp) and the white bumper looks tacky. The RX7 is all about the subtle curves and thick B/C pillar and you are introducing sharp edges and hideous triangular shapes. You're verging on turning it into a mess just for the sake of a few brand names that only 3 people in the UK know of.
+1

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
The RE Bonnet is Horrible, White Bumper looks nice and subtle compared to many Jap Bumpers and the Lights look like they come straight of RX7 Track **** so I love them :)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Like your style dude.

IMO...

OE Bonnet.

RE lights.

Feed Bumper.

SSR's would top it off, too.

Not thought about the Mazdaspeed front bumper?

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
OE bonnet, RE lights and the bumper off the black car, just looked up the wheels! GET THEM!!!!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Like your style dude.

IMO...

OE Bonnet.

RE lights.

Feed Bumper.

SSR's would top it off, too.

Not thought about the Mazdaspeed front bumper?

getting one is stupidly hard and most seem to be replicas :(

think everyone is right oe bonnet would love a re ad 9 bonnet but hard to get... or a feed bonnet... hnmmm i know of where there is one lol....

Evo 6, E92 320d
I prefer the std headlights, adds more sleekness to the look, specially on black, but the fed bumper does look nice.