ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dell Query...

ST
Its lacking spec a little, processor is a little 'weak' for picture editing etc.

I'd spend the extra £110 on the one with Intel Core 2 Duo and the the ATI Radeon graphics card.

172 Cup
Will it run PS? - Yes

Is there a likelihood you'll sit there twiddling your thumbs wishing you'd bought a more powerful laptop while PS crawls along? - Most probably.

A desktop not an option?

It's not something I would imagine is exactly graphics orientated, as it's not exactly high resolution, and it has integrated graphics. Plenty of memory though. I'm sure it will do what you want it to do. It might be very slow in doing it though.

It's decent for the price, but as stated the processor lets it down. If you could get an upgraded one to a 2.0 core 2 duo then that would be pretty much spot on for that price.

Gem

Racing Blue 182
Hmmm this is what I was thinking....it might be a bit slow on the uptake. I don't do as much PS based stuff as I used to....but I think that might be down to the fact my current laptop is GAY.

Griff....desktop is not an option really. This laptop would be my work and home laptop.

As Alan says, I might spend the extra £100 or so and get something that will run the programmes faster.

stay away from intel celeron or amd sempron processors, they are sh1t. go for the £399 one at a minimum
as they said get the £399 as i got that one last year although when i got it it only had 2gb ram and 120gb hdd but apart from that its the same and photoshop runs fine on it not slow to me either.i have not had anything ive installed that runs slow yet so i would recomend this laptop.