ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dent Removal kits

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
As anyone ever tried one of these dent removal kits?

I've watched a few videos on Youtube, seems the people selling the equipment get very good results and the DIY'er get varying results. Though some are very optimistic in the dents there trying to pull out.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
As anyone ever tried one of these dent removal kits?

I've watched a few videos on Youtube, seems the people selling the equipment get very good results and the DIY'er get varying results. Though some are very optimistic in the dents there trying to pull out.
It'd be a bit stupid if the people who were selling the equipment showed videos of them failing to get dents out...

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
It'd be a bit stupid if the people who were selling the equipment showed videos of them failing to get dents out...

Well yeah, that was my point and why i'm asking if anyone on here has first hand experience.

I'm not expecting perfect results, even pro's have difficulty sometimes. But it's something i fancy having a go at.

However, if the general opinion is that it's a pointless waste of £40-50 on a kit then i'll not bother.

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
The glue spot ones aren't bad for small jobs, for sharp pointy dents you will really struggle. I've watched a local dent guy do his magic and it certainly isn't as simple as he makes it look. I've removed a few soft (someone ran up one of my bonnets) dents with a heatgun and a bag of ice. Heating and cooling the metal until it popped back out.

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
It's pretty much just a few small dents really. problem is when the car is clean they really stand out.

I've got two cars that have dents that could be pulled out. I might be better off getting a pro in, but i like having a go myself. Saying that i'll not be trying this on the RB first.

I’m a panel beater for a big insurance approved garage. I’m sure if these kits were that good we would use them ... but we don’t.
I would 100% pay for PDR these guys are amazing.