ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dentmaster

not my car or i would have taken a pic but an inch dent on the edge of the door. paint looks fine just now but not sure what will happen to it after dent has been repaired. heard that dentmaster dont touch anything that needs paint and chipsaway dont do great job with paint. true?

Punto/Clio GTT
pretty much yup

chips away is basically a bloke that comes round to bodge your car and get it looking satisfactory to your average joe.

if you take pride in your car you wouldnt think about calling them, just take it to a bodyshop.

as for the dent on the edge of a door, i doubt theyde try to get it out, if its right on the edge you cant get to it from the inside as thats where the seamsealer is, your only really able to get dents out that am a good few inches inside the edge of a door

106 GTi
Chipsaway and PDR guys are only as good as the local guy in your area doing the work. The Chipsaway guy round here is utter dogs poo and left my 205 GTi worse than when he started. The Guy I use for dents however is fantastic.

New PDR techniques mean they can remove dents even if they can't get behind them on double skinned ares so you may get lucky depending how bad it is as long as they are using up to date methods.

Ask around locally for names and numbers of people doing it and look at there work first if you can.

Punto/Clio GTT
is it any good that new method rich? is it the glue one?

i was trained in pdr with the rods, never got chance to try the glue as it wasnt around then

106 GTi
The hot glue one - seems to work well, seem lots of areas done that would have not been possible or needed holes drilling. There a a few different ones out there, the one my mate uses is what they use on line at the Honda plant - Does not look as skillfull as the bars do!