ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dephaser

Simon Squire

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
1,900 ish rpm. advances inlet cam.
thanks - what would happen if it failed? While driving my Clio 172 round the track today it suddenly started REV to 3500ish normally then starts to miss big time -the reason I asked about the dephaser is that I noticed the other day when my car was idling on the drive the left side of the engine where the dephaser is started knocking but once warm the knocking disappeared. Any idears would be greatly accepted

Rusty Cup
Not sure i understand but if the car started to rev to 3500rpm i would think it could be related to air leaking into the manifold. Thats as vague as im prepared to be at this point in time (y)

Simon Squire

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
Not sure i understand but if the car started to rev to 3500rpm i would think it could be related to air leaking into the manifold. Thats as vague as im prepared to be at this point in time (y)
Sorry didn't explain very well - it drives normal till 3500 REVs at which point it starts to miss. With my foot still to the floor it miss fires and only slowly increases in REVs - miss firing and surging to 6500 +. if you keep the revs under 3500 it drives "normal"

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Not the dephaser! they just get noisier,gone are the days when all of cliosport were in mass panic started by some tuner into thinking it would fail and take out the engine if not changed imediatley?