ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Designer Job - London - Details Within

SLK 350
As above, the company I work for is looking for a designer to rebrand stationary and design all manner of magazines and brochures with scope for more.

Thought I'd spam it on here as I know there's a decent 'IT Crowd', I'll state that the salary is nominal to begin - 25k but there is a bracket to increase that given experience for the right candidate.

Any interest can be directed at myself, on here or to my business email j.osborne@bda.org subject - JOB

The location is W1G8YS (Oxford Circus), starting immediately and working for the British Dental Association (Great benefits, and 29 days holiday).

Cheers, James.

P.S Enclose an email address and I can forward the application/spec.

---------------------

Job Outline said:
JOB DESCRIPTION

JOB TITLE Designer

RESPONSIBLE TO Design Editor

DIRECTORATE Communications and Operations

GRADE Professional Support

OBJECTIVES OF JOB Excellent graphic design is a vital part of the BDA’s promotional, marketing and advisory activities. This post will be involved in producing a wide range of materials for print and electronic media.

MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES

• To design and work on a range of promotional and membership material for the BDA under the guidance of the Design Editor, including: handbooks, advertising materials, prospectuses, leaflets, banners, logos, folders, conference materials, and PDF and web-based products

• To work from existing artwork to update designs for events, marketing materials and advertising using Quark Xpress, Photoshop and Illustrator

• To produce workable standard templates for internal BDA use

• To produce the monthly staff bulletin and other e-bulletins as required

• To offer design assistance to Word documents or create PDFs for BDA staff

• To scan graphics and colour illustrations to production quality and re-touch pictures to meet print standards

• Any other duties as required

PERSON SPECIFICATION

The following skills and attributes are necessary:

• Demonstrable experience of desktop publishing, with well-developed design skills.

• Proven ability to use Quark XPress, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Outlook to a high level.

• Good written and verbal communication skills

• Confident interpersonal skills

• Ability to deal with a range of people in person, by telephone, or email

• Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work under tight deadlines, deal with a variety of tasks, prioritise appropriately and maintain a high level of accuracy

• Appreciation of the dynamics of effective teamwork

• A suitable graphics/design qualification is preferred but not essential

• Experience of design using PCs for design work is also desirable

March 2008

Closing Date - 4th April

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i ain't to hot in those design programs but i did a BA in Paint if it helps? got a 1.0 too.

email sent.

SLK 350
Cheers folks, it's an excellent company all the usual Bupa/HSA malarky and a very relaxed but professional environment, based about 250m from Oxford Street too :)

There's Mac and PC available for design, any there's a huge budget for getting someone a nice new Macbook Pro.

Anyway, just a heads up for anybody looking to break into the market/move jobs.

Rav4
Just imagine the amount of pootang you get to see going in/out of the office, surely that's a huge incentive.

SLK 350
G2500 I'll check it out on Monday chap.

TwoSugars, it's not a bad wage by any stretch for the role, but some folk on here will turn their nose up at sub-50k salaries ;)

Gabi, plenty of poon around those parts indeed :)

LY V6 with Recaros
Ahh, shame I didn't actually get into this when I finished college, I did a hnc/d in graphic design. Sounds like a good job!

Rav4
We should meet up on day after work buddy, I work in Fenchurch street, awesome too !!!!

G2500 I'll check it out on Monday chap.

TwoSugars, it's not a bad wage by any stretch for the role, but some folk on here will turn their nose up at sub-50k salaries ;)

Gabi, plenty of poon around those parts indeed :)

306 TD Slut
id be very very interested, infact i would apply, but I am due to leave the country from june to end of august so i dont think this would suit you. :( damn!

SLK 350
Furry, aye bit of a shame mate but I think they're looking for something more long term. Let me know if your circumstances change.

Gab, send me an email mate from the OP, can go down to The Loop or something next week.