ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

df004 on a 1.2 8v grande

clio mk2
Hello everybody,

I'm fairly new to the forums as well as tinkering on cars and such, so please I'f you try to explain something a wee bit more detail would go a long way for a newb :)
I've recently serviced my clio grande with new plugs and after that It started having problems when iddling. It's not very ruff but it is noticable, happens in 8-15s intervals and I really need to sort it fast as car is up for sale. Now I've asked a friend to diagnose it with his diagnosing thingy and only thing that popped up was.
DF004 - water temperature sensor circuit open or short circuit memory. I don't really know what to make of this, we checked sensors for dirt ( clean as a whistle ) plugged them back in and the problem persists. Now he advised me to buy a new/different set of plugs and give that a go. Before I do that I thought I'd ask here if anyone else has expirienced a similar issue.

Note the car did not have this issue before and does not have it while cold.

One more thing I've noticed - Usually my temperature arrow moves slow and steady and now on my way back from my mate's place the arrow felt a bit.... Floaty ?! It's moving smoother and rapidly while I'm breaking. Like im doing 30-40 mph and its at 50% and while im stopping drops down to 30ish % ?! any notes ?

clio mk2
possible. would be the next thing i replace.. swapped spark plugs for a brand new bosch set, was running fine and on my way to work it started wirh the judder again... :(

Clio 182
Renaults dont like bosh plugs, ngk is the way forward. Worked for reno before.. They go weird sometimes with different plugs