ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Diablo 4

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Looks like it's reviewing well! Early access starts tomorrow, I'll wait til next week when it releases for everyone else for the sake of not wasting 20 quid

IGN Review

More in depth video by Rhykker

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Still no PC couch co-op.

Blizzard are just off their t1ts.

Really want to NOT buy D4 on priciple (I actually dislike Blizzard more than EA!) - but no doubt I'll end up buying two copies because they can't be arsed to emulate what console players have as standard, and what is also standard practice in the majority of ARPGs.

Utter stains.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Still no PC couch co-op.

Blizzard are just off their t1ts.

Really want to NOT buy D4 on priciple (I actually dislike Blizzard more than EA!) - but no doubt I'll end up buying two copies because they can't be arsed to emulate what console players have as standard, and what is also standard practice in the majority of ARPGs.

Utter stains.
There's likely only 4 people on earth who even want to play PC couch co-op though 😂

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
There's likely only 4 people on earth who even want to play PC couch co-op though 😂
Lol - no chance.

There's the whole media PC scene that is still popular - streaming stuff that's both legal/illegal. One of my work collegues has his permanently hooked up to the main 4K TV in the living room and I have my own PC connected to both a 1440 27" monitor and a 50" plasma screen. Couch co-op would very much be in demand as an option.

The whole fact that Blizzard programmed couch co-op out of the PC version is just massively bewildering. Asking dev teams to write a platform specific version that has features removed is just insane. "Oh, it will be difficult to manage single account progress" said Blizzard. f**k off. Funny how small scale studios like Larian can not only implement such features, but make them work really well in their Divinity series - yet an industry juggernaut like Blizzard can't?

If they were up-front and honest and simply said that PC gamers typically spend more and therefore, they can buy two copies of the game - I'd accept that. Instead, they worm about and come up with several different feeble excuses that really doesn't make any sense as to why?

This from Reddit sums it up...

"So I was looking on the Diablo Subreddit to see people’s general reactions, because that’s a good gathering place for them, and one note I saw mentioned couch co-op and how it was a console-only feature. Firstly, is that right?

Rod Fergusson: That’s right.

And this person then wrote an impassioned post about couch co-op and the salient point seemed to be that why was a series that originated on PC now lacking an additional feature that consoles get?

Rod Fergusson: It’s a technology question. Trying to do shared-screen co-op on PC is much more challenging when it comes to account management and how you play together.

Why - how is it different from console?

Rod Fergusson: Well, console is pre-set up for that in terms of the ways you can associate the accounts to it.

Oh I see.

Rod Fergusson: And it’s been that way… Having split-screen or shared-screen co-op on consoles [has existed] for a long time.

Because those systems allow multiple users to be signed in?

Rod Fergusson: Right, exactly. Whereas trying to get two Battle.net accounts signed into the same PC at the same time… It’s a technology problem.

Blizzard is the perfect synonym for 'can't be arsed'. The issues that Rod mentions above come straight from 2002.