ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Did you tell the inssurcane about your cup packs?

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Everyone with cup packs, did you tell the inssuracne about them? Do you have to? I rang up mine and asked if they even knew what a cup pack was (which they didnt), so I added it on a modifications. It cost me £40 extra, but did I really need to tell them? Im with Admiral....

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I dont see why you should for factory fit options, since 90% of people out there dont know what they have and will say no mods.

They didn't ask me anything about the extras on my car. TBH it's all open to interpretation anyway. Apparently insurance companies are not actually obliged to ask you every question about something which could affect your policy. In any case, I highly doubt any assessor would raise an eyebrow at a Cup spoiler and slightly darker wheels. Declaring mods is essential, but you also need to be a bit smart and help yourself. OP has just wasted £40. Hardly the end of the world though.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
If it left the factory with them on, it's not a modification. Well thats my understanding of it.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
My understanding was that if it didn't come as standard and was on the options list, it is a mod. Having said that, I've declared none of the options on mine.

In fairness they should have it down on their system as a 'trim' so to speak.

When I did my insurance there was a list of all the different ones you can get on my car so I just picked that

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
My understanding was that if it didn't come as standard and was on the options list, it is a mod. Having said that, I've declared none of the options on mine.

So if you added say, auto wipers as an option on your car you'd declare that?

koi

Audi S1
I'm a mug and declared mine then, thought it was classed as a mod. Pay enough as it is so will remember this come renewal.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
f**k that tbh!

If it left the factory like that they can GTF imo

90% of peeps wouldnt have a clue what was on the options list if buying second hand anyway?

182 ff cup packs
if it comes from the manufacturer already fitted its not a modification.....grey area tho because the last bodyshop i worked in, we had a rear end damage bmw which had a small lip type boot spoiler fitted by the bmw dealer when new (not fitted at bmw factory) and the owner ended up paying for the repair as the insurance classed it as a mod, although it was a genuine part fitted by the dealer it was not fitted at factory.....lesson is be carefull with what you are covered for as insurance companies are getting beyond a joke when it comes to paying out (the bm owner had to find 3.5k)

F56 MINI Cooper S
No chance, no matter whether it has cup packs or not, they are still both the same insurance group.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I see. I agree it's mental to declare things like that, but that was my understanding if you were to follow the 'rules' to the letter.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Should be up to the insurance to keep a log on each car. If it has a cupped option for example, they should ask, with or without etc.

If your mum bought a FST, how would she know it was a 1/2/3?

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Thats good to know for next time. On my inssurance documents the alloys are listed as an 'optional extra', so im thinkning its not them thats adding the cost. The suspension on the other hand is just down as 'lowered suspension < 5cm', which as mine dosnt appear to have the cup suspension (as pointed out by a few on here), is probably needed anyway.

On another note, Im still waiting for Postkat to delivery my Meerkat!!