ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Diesel cambelt

i had my cambelt changed today with 67k on the clock,i had it done in a back street garage,the car now sounds like a tank although it is running fine,i checked earlier and i cannot see a cambelt cover does anybody know if there"s supposed to be a cover?

Yep supposed to be a cover on the drivers side mount. It covers the whole thing.
Sounds like they've messed up the cambelt you need the Renault proper tools to do it correctly. Timing probably out so power shouldn't be affected unless you'r having black some but it needs fixing.

CB600FS
It aint like the other DCIs that you can do without a pin. The 1.5s have one in the crank and one in the cam. Also a mark on the pump.

Did they change the waterpump? And tensioners etc? Did they use genuine parts?

Like Edde says they should have covers.

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER
probably out on the valve timing, as it wouldnt start if you were out on the pump even by a gnats knacker

didnt change the water pump,but he changed all the pulleys.not sure if the parts were genuine.the guy who changed it is supposed to be sh*thot,i havegot to take it back friday for a pre mot check,any body know how much it costs at a dealers to change.

didnt change the water pump,but he changed all the pulleys.not sure if the parts were genuine.the guy who changed it is supposed to be sh*thot,i havegot to take it back friday for a pre mot check,any body know how much it costs at a dealers to change.

Depends where you go £180 to £250 or so.

CB600FS
Mate whereabouts are you? Did mine last weekend water-pump aswell in a mates back yard in an hour and a half without a ramp.

i"m in south wales i give him the car at 9am and had it back at 4pm,i only went to him as he was recommended,i have always gone to the dealer,now the warranty has run out i thought i would try somewhere cheaper.i need to use the car up until friday,will it do any permanent damage if the timing is out.

the guy c*cked the timing belt up good and proper,i took it to renault cardiff (good service),the guy just changed the belt and not the pulley as he said he was going to do, they told me that after a while the belt teeth would have worn and snapped,the belt has to be changed as a kit they also changed the fanbelt and a distribution collar.just short of £300 notes.so i want be going to him again