ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Difference between Megane R26 F1 and Megane 225 F1

172 Ph2
Just wondering what the is difference between Megane R26 F1 and Megane 225 F1?
I know the R26 has an lsd and the exhaust is different, are these the only differences?
Are the brakes and suspension the same?
How can you tell the difference from looking at the cars?

Thanks for any help

225 Cup & Williams
R26 has a rear anti bar & the suspension it supposedly revised over the cup suspension which is fitted to the F1.

F1's only came in blue & in black which is extremely rare! They also have silver brake calipers all round & blue recaro's but be careful as some 225 Cup's have the same interior and colour and get advertised as F1's.

Swift Sport
Don't be sucked in by the 'R26 or nothing' mentality that people on forums will preach. The F1/Cup/Trophy is a fantastic car and such a bargain in comparison. Until you go for more power you won't need an LSD either IMO.

172 Ph2
Thanks for the help. Im also looking for a workshop manual for the Renaultsport megane if anyone has one/a link for one that would be great.

225 Cup & Williams
Don't be sucked in by the 'R26 or nothing' mentality that people on forums will preach. The F1/Cup/Trophy is a fantastic car and such a bargain in comparison. Until you go for more power you won't need an LSD either IMO.

This.

I've owned a 225 Cup with 280 bhp and I never once felt it needed an lsd.

I now own a 225 Trophy and I really appreciate how good these cars are as standard hence why I won't be playing about with it.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
The exhaust is the same.

More Trophy love around than R26 anyway.... because ph1