ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

difficulty changing up and down into 3rd when driving hard 172 cup

Just wondering if anybody has any experience of the above? I sprint my 172 cup and and driving hard sometimes struggle to get cleanly up into 3rd and occasionally back from 4th to 3rd.
engine mounts don't appear to have massive amounts of play in them but im not sure what they are like from new, the top left hand one has a small clearance 1-2mm either side from the rubber insert. The rubber insert on the lower gearbox dogbone looks in good condition I can rotate it easily within the metal casing?
I intend to, check gearbox oil ~(box was rebuilt before I purchased) this one I suspect is just a punt ,any thoughts on best oil and volumes?
Check to make sure gear linkage is correctly aligned, into 5th move lever to 5th unless anybody has a better solution?
gear lever lower plastic cup was replaced recently so that's good.
Any thoughts would be much appreciated

Brucefil

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault sport Clio
Had the same problem, 3rd gear engagement stuffed. Changed 3rd gear plus 3rd, 4th and 5th Sincros problem fixed.

Sent from my CPH1611 using Tapatalk