ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Disaster at donnington.

Clio 172 cup
Hello I am new to the forum.
But I race in tin tops in cscc. I was doing a test day at donnington when for some unknown reason my fan belt started to fray and yes got caught in the cam belt. Yes the engine is finished. So I am looking to see if this if a fault that anyone else has heard of and I was told that there was a section that you could see what other people are selling parts on the forum. But I can't seem to find it. Any help would be really appreciated. :quiet:

172 cup
Welcome! Need to be a paid up member to see the parts for sale. It's not that much and it's well worth the money. Sorry to hear about you engine, don't sound good! There a nice sounding cammed up engine for sale onthe site at min so get paid up and have a look mate.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
But I race in tin tops in cscc. I was doing a test day at donnington when for some unknown reason my fan belt started to fray and yes got caught in the cam belt. Yes the engine is finished. So I am looking to see if this if a fault that anyone else has heard of and I was told that there was a section that you could see what other people are selling parts on the forum. But I can't seem to find it. Any help would be really appreciated. :quiet:

Hi David, welcome to the forum.

If you pay the £12 fee, you will then have a 12 month membership (worth its weight in gold for discounts alone!) and you will then be able to see the parts for sale section.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Wounded to hear this news Dave but yeah, it's a common failure when the automatic tensioned aux belts fail. Is the engine completely dead (ie: piston ninjas have been in and stolen a pot out of the bottom end) or are we just talking about 8-12 bent valves and a new timing belt?

Mick
Diamond Motors

182cup & 172 racecar
Sh1t Dave, that's a bummer, no Mallory for you then :(.

Get paid mate, loads of gear for sale on here.

Is this really Dr Dave? This is your number one fan. Nice to see you've joined the Clio club. Would love to discuss - get in touch.