ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Disaster Please Read

S4 (320bhp) + Clio 16v

Was out driving to the gym tonight. goign down the road about 45 went to go into third and pulled the cluch up and nothing. was like i had my foot on the cluch. Just been towed home! The RAC man said it could be the cluch which was fitted 4 months 5k or so ago or the diff! I can sit there with the car running and put it in and out of gears without using the cluch pedal. think thats all i can say! What do u lot think it is???

Just sounds like the clutch isnt engaging.

Probably just the cable.

Dont quote me on that though, I dont know anything about engines etc.

S4 (320bhp) + Clio 16v

Nah that has gone before and the pedal looses it usually stiff feel and just pushes down easily but it just feels normal.

So im hoping its the clutch and the place will say its under guarantee. fingers crossed

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by tom-m on 14 December 2003

Was out driving to the gym tonight. goign down the road about 45 went to go into third and pulled the cluch up and nothing. was like i had my foot on the cluch. Just been towed home! The RAC man said it could be the cluch which was fitted 4 months 5k or so ago or the diff! I can sit there with the car running and put it in and out of gears without using the cluch pedal. think thats all i can say! What do u lot think it is???
You sure its not an automatic?? ;)

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

if it was the cable or pedal you wouldnt have a clutch pedal it would be on the floor.if you still have a clutch pedal and you can engage gears without pressing the pedal then its your clutch.if it was your diff then i think you would still need to press the clutch pedal to engage gears otherwise it would crunch/be difficult to engage.when you select a gear and press the throttle does your speedo go up?(if it does then its not the clutch it will be the diff.the speedo runs on the outside of the diff and normally when a diff goes its the planet gears etc in the centre that shatter but the outside will still turn so still operate your speedo).lets hope its not your diff though cos thats gonna get exspensive.

S4 (320bhp) + Clio 16v

im not sure if the speedo goes up or not. didnt look. its def not the cable as like u said it falls to the floor. what am i looking spending if it is the diff??? any ideas.

I think i remeber the RAC man saying it didnt go up! making hm think it was the clutch!

Dash: I wish i could run 4 miles or so. after about 1 or 2 maybe 3.... steps im dead

Beackout: i got to holmes place, the one next to london irish in sunbury!

Mr2 Roadster

Sounds like the clutch to me, damaged springs or plates?!?!?!

Should be under guarentee...

S4 (320bhp) + Clio 16v

yer i rang them today and they said 3 months and its been 4 but i not paying anything more than 100! well i aint got no more than that! My mates recons it might have been where they put the new self adjustor on that it might have been to tight. he reconed that it might be the pads or something. Lets just hope its gunna be cheap!!! Cheers for all of your advice!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

if its the clutch and its only lasted that long then it should be warranty.probably the centre plate has broken all the linings have come un-attached either way its not wear and tear after 3 months.go and kick up a stink!

S4 (320bhp) + Clio 16v

im hoping it the cluch coz i will blame it on them. a lot of people as sayin clutch. im gunna think the worst coz i dont wanna get my hopes upo and then spend loads of money on it! Think i must have got this from a coyboy (Cough Nev16v Cough Cough). Its at the garage now so im just waiting for the call!

sold as seen mate, anyway u still ahvent given me all the money for it so been doign u a favour.
u wanna get soem lemsip that cough sounds nasty.

S4 (320bhp) + Clio 16v

People is bad news. The diff has gone! Garage said they might be able to repare it but he cant tel if the gearbox is Fu*&$d untill he takes it all out. im looking at 600 if its not bad then like way over a grand for the gearbox and everything. Think it might be time to strip the lil clio and break it

I was about to say its the dif... Its not actually the dif its anothe renault crap design that ive never heard of before. Happened to mine....!! Its the Cur clip that holds the diff together... tell the to change the clip and the nearside drive shaft and you should be cool.

S4 (320bhp) + Clio 16v

The man at the garage said that it had shattered mate! Was hopinh it might just be a clip od something small!! Gunna take it to my usualy garage. they no the car preety well and do a spot on job on it! yer does any1 no where i can get a cheap recon box or a low millage one please