ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DISASTER

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer

Car 172 cup 53 plate

Monday recieved my Koni suspension kit from Larkspeed (was open place with stock) opened up had yellow APEX springs. Questioned it but apparently there are a couple of springs they use and APEX are one. So today i went to Demeon Tweeks to have it fitted (its close and i wanted it fitting before the Nurburging trip).

So watched the guy fit them and front OK but rear theres a problem, goes into the office and on the phone to Koni. Reason was that the Renault topmount rubbers/ sleeve and washer where a different diameter to the Koni Damper. The Koni damper rod was 12mm dia and the Renaut one 8/9mm. Plus if you drilled the Renault one out the nut on the shock would have bottomed out on the thread before clamping the rubbers correctly. Koni eventually said after speaking to Renault that there are two different diameter topmounts !!!!! To top if off when they lowered the car with everything on the car the front tyres were catching the wheelarch liners....!!

They asked me what did i want to do, only thing to do was to put the original suspension back on.

They then charged me £90 for the privilage.

So then on the phone to Larkspeed and they spoken to the Koni rep and said not his problem.... He then said the koni guy said i should have used the washers in the kit - THERE WERE NO WASHERS IN THE KIT. Then he said OK return the Kit to him but you will have to pay carrage. Got that sorted now as they have agreed to pay the carrage.

Help needed who is liable for the fitting charges ? I have been supplied a kit that is supposed to be designed to fit this particular car and the were :-

1. Parts missing these so called washer / topmount

2. Car was undriveable as it was catching the liners inside thats not even going round corners.

Opinions please... Either way no suspension kit for the Nurburg trip and £100 out of pocket......

[Edited by EVOgone on 22 March 2005 at 7:13pm]

[Edited by EVOgone on 22 March 2005 at 7:16pm]

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member

sorry to hear about this mate but i think you may have trouble getting any more money back, if you had brought the kit from DT then you could refuse to pay this is the problem of buying somthing from one place and having it fitted by another

To be far DT are very good regards fitment of kits. It only seems reasonable fair they charged you £90 but I would imagine they will fit the proper kit when it arrives for the money.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer

Nope if i want another kit fitted then i will have to pay again...!

Who has had this kit fitted did they have any issues with the tyres catching or issues with the rear top mounts ?

[Edited by EVOgone on 23 March 2005 at 12:11am]

GR7

Shiny red R32

You obviously have to pay the Demon Tweeks fitters for their time and cant expect them to spend time for free as they cant be held responsible for someone supplying the wrong sized parts. After all, you provided the bits for them to fit, so it is up to you to sort it with Larkspeed.

Why didnt you buy it from Demon Tweeks? They would have given you a discount and they would have also checked that the kit was appropriate for your car and if it wasnt, they wouldnt have sold it to you.

2 CLIO 16 VALVES

Best think you can do is write to the the people who sold you the kit in the 1st place, its illegal to sell something thats not fit for purpose, and if DT couldnt get it to fit it was obviously not fit for purpose. I recently did a customer legislation course through my job in the motor trade and Im pretty sure that you should be able to get yourmoney back for the fitting off the place you bought the kit off.

Lionel Richie

EVOgone

bring the kit along, ill fit it in the carpark of the Hotel in Germany free of charge

the rear top mounts are slightly different (bigger nuts etc)

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer

Fred 2001Dynamic. Thanks for the offer but its going back today, plus the kit was catching the arch liners so at the Nurburg i could see big problems !

I have no real issue with DT but will be pursuing my monies through Larkspeed / Koni. Its the principle of it all.

Anyways the rear topmount bushes/washers i dont know how the Renault ones would fit as the dia is smaller and also they were not tall enough and the nut would have bottomed on the thread before it clamped the two rubbers.