ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Discs for my 1.2 16v?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Having my discs and pads changed at my next service and just wondered what to use?

Don't drive my car stupidly hard so wondering if standard discs and maybe some uprated pads will be a bit better? Obviously cheap as possible but I don't want to buy anything that isn't quality if you know what I mean!

Prices and maybe links would be appreciated!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Anyone?!
Should my discs need changing at 30k?

LY 182
Anyone?!
just use standard discs and pads imo more than up to the job
my discs were quite worrying slaughtered and pads were about papers width from the discs at 36k when i bought it.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Yeah thought about it, but even some uprated pads would make them a bit better without breaking the bank. Can you get standard discs from halfords for dirt cheap, sure I've read that somewhere!

Personsly stick with stock setup there fine,

Stock disks can be got for £50~60 from laods of places forget IMO uprated unless you realy want to spend on looks or are spending a lot anwyay.

Stock pads come from a few places I like the Ferrdo FDB845 there only £17 list price at Halfords.

Best thing is some good fluid though.

If you know anywone with trade contracts or card at Halford the pads are a bit cheaper the disks are a bit cheaper I forget by how much though for both.

Yeah thought about it, but even some uprated pads would make them a bit better without breaking the bank. Can you get standard discs from halfords for dirt cheap, sure I've read that somewhere!
£60 for stock disks list price.
Anyone?!
Depends I always chnage mine realy for the hastle its only cheap plus I drive my car on track a lot so don't care to much abotu a few quid for a new set of disks.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
OK cheers edde. My mate works at halfords so I'll see if he can get me any discount on them.
Is it worth changing the fluid then, how much extra would it cost? At the end of the day the car is just a normal everyday runner so would the extra costs give me any increased benfit over the set up now?

OK cheers edde. My mate works at halfords so I'll see if he can get me any discount on them.
Is it worth changing the fluid then, how much extra would it cost? At the end of the day the car is just a normal everyday runner so would the extra costs give me any increased benfit over the set up now?

Depends what the fluid is like. I'd always recomend a chnage usually.

Fluid is about £10 I recomend the castrol super dot 4 response Halfords used to stock it might need to shop round for it though now.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I was planning on just having the fluid changed for standard, or guessing standard as I just asked for a fluid change in the quote...