ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Disparate WAN Help!

Better than yours. C*nt.
Right, this is for the uber-techies. We've got a load of offices, of which this refers to three:

The offices are all connected to the datacentre via MPLS. This is not fully routed, and won't be. Ever. I can't change that. The offices all have their own breakout, and these three offices in particular have:

One office with an SDSL 1MB circuit with ADSL backup. Other two offices are 'slaves' and VPN in using ADSL to get access to a file server. This is flaky at best, and is largely due to the fact that there's a dodgy sonicwall thing off two Zyxel home-class routers at the main office, and a smaller Sonicwall on the two slaves. Going forward, I'd like to sort this with some branch-office class WAN kit, and I've come up with the following:

At the main office, Cisco 1841 ISR with the two ADSL WICs. Each slave site to have a Cisco 851 Router (ADSL and Wireless). These routers to operate a VPN to the 1841.

Does that work?

Fiesta ST
I don't see why not - the two ADSL WICS on the 1841 - that gonna be bonded? as I have a site with one of them and it's bonded ADSL - which isn't reliable at all (think its the line speed out of sync problem.

But then I also have a mutli site with Business Zyxel routers using VPN tunnels and they work great.

Better than yours. C*nt.
The channels are going to be failover - aS far as we can work out it's SDSL primary with ADSL backup.

Cheers bud. This s**t is where my experience is weakest.

Fiesta ST
I've got a few cisco's 857's and the give me a head ache setting up wireless and vpn on them :( hehe

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
At the main office, Cisco 1841 ISR with the two ADSL WICs. Each slave site to have a Cisco 851 Router (ADSL and Wireless). These routers to operate a VPN to the 1841.

Does that work?

Not really, the 851W's are Ethernet ports which means you would need to retain an ADSL modem. You need the 857's IIRC. Although personally I would go for the 877W's.

Other than that don't see a problem. If you need help with configuring one let me know.. I just finished configuring an 877 for a remote site that Transmits dual SSID's (one for company one for guests), Two VLANS, Head Office IAS RADIUS user Authentication, PEAP-TLS Encryption, Root Certificates for machine authentication, MS-CHAP V2 for encrypted handshake, WPA-TKIP for encrypted data transfer, Shared secret against IAS server, Auto-VPN, SSH ...

;)

Fiesta ST
ahh KDF you can help me with the wireless setup on an 857 - I seem to have problem with it - when I'm next in the office I'll grab the running config.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Ye no worries. post it up tomorrow, best start a different thread though.