ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DIY exhaust

RB 182
Does any body know if its ileagal to make your own exhaust?
obviously im on about doing it properly with good welding, its mainly the end bit to create a 172 replica exhaust system. Does anybody know anything about the legal side of it?

2014 Clio 200t edc
I can't see anything against it. As long as its not too loud.
Others will be along soon enough tho.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
SRS ?!

It's a metal pipe FFS.

Bearing in mind you can't see the exhaust on a 172 unless you lay on the ground, what exactly are you trying to replicate ?!

RB 182
the end bit so you have two exhaust tips in the center of the bumper . . . . and i didnt know if there are any laws agaisnt it so thought id just ask on here which is part of what the forum is for, all i wanted was a simple straight foward answer not someone piping up, jesus this is suppost to be some where to ask questions to get answers off people who all have something in common. I dont get why people like you have to be so petty when people ask genuine questions, if you dont have an actual useful answer why bother posting its a waste of your own time and mine and anyone reading it who actually has something usful to add to the thread.

alien green rs133
i think you mean the 182 with twin exit pipes.

then your question makes more sense, and wouldnt of got the un useful answer another member posted.

i can see no reason why you cant, only thing i will say is i would also try and install some sort of heat shield to stop your spare wheel well getting hot and the bumper melting

RB 182
yeah sorry the 182 . . . and okay thanks ill do that :)
and i didnt mean to sound like a nob in my last post just annoying when you get people bein petty about things but i see how my question could have been more informative
thanks

RB 182
yeah but i work for an engineering company and can probaly get one welded up from off cuts of stainless really cheap rather than pay the ktec price ,
Thanks knuckles ill have a look :)