ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DIY induction kits

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I've seen a few people mention/have a go doing there own DIY "K-tec style" induction setup.

What is the preferred choice of filter? I've had various filter setups on my 182 (Jms, standard, updated panel filter, pipercross viper and a ripspeed one I had lying around) but found my preferred choice is my current standard with itg panel filter, but that could be due to heat from the engine?

I already have and silicone 90-degree bend and small breather filter so all I would need is another 90-degree bend, a join pipe for the two and a filter but what do people do to hold up the filter or is it left hanging loose next to the battery?

The K-tec looks a great bit of kit but is very pricey so I'm thinking if having a go at doing my own at a cheaper cost.

Last edited:
  Clio 197 Cup
different car i know mate but i've done a couple of custom filter setups on my 197 using a smaller battery to create some extra space and an ITG maxogen,tested them both on the rollers at RS Tuning,a few pics

this setup ran more mid range torque so i stuck with it as thats where the car neededs it

6782696230_b9fa06f552_b.jpg

maxogen setup by scott1532, on Flickr

this setup ran a few more bhp on peak power and sounded mental,might go back to it one day

7233770294_e1b7054a82_b.jpg

open cone setup by scott1532, on Flickr

and i also ran a CAF from the lower front grill

7256682324_04ea6bed61_b.jpg

plenum temps by scott1532, on Flickr

hope this helps,i think there are plenty of ways of making a good filter setup cheaply

Last edited:

Mike Harper

ClioSport Club Member
  GTS + 197 Cup
different car i know mate but i've done a couple of custom filter setups on my 197 using a smaller battery to create some extra space and an ITG maxogen,tested them both on the rollers at RS Tuning,a few pics

this setup ran more mid range torque so i stuck with it as thats where the car neededs it

View attachment 978103

this setup ran a few more bhp on peak power and sounded mental,might go back to it one day

View attachment 978104

View attachment 978105

hope this helps,i think there are plenty of ways of making a good filter setup cheaply

Mike Harper

ClioSport Club Member
  GTS + 197 Cup

View attachment 978103

View attachment 978104

View attachment 978105

Did you ever test the intake pipe meeting the itg rather than it being merely directional?

Mike Harper

ClioSport Club Member
  GTS + 197 Cup
Yeah I thought it was a long shot! Just debating whether to link the intake hose to the intake or leave a gap and just have it directional.