ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Member Clio RS 200 in sunny Gibraltar

MK 3 RS200
Hi All,
Have had the car for about 6 months now. Love fast clios previously owned a clio 172 cup back in 2003.

This Clio has certainly been loved by its previous owners, not a spot of rust on it, The car has had some minor upgrades not sure how long ago mind, has braided hoses, a quaife dif, ktec induction kit, wheels are 20mm spaced and probably some other bits that I have not noticed. Its the equiv to a UK full fat spec with cup suspension and the benefit of aircon which is needed here.

My plan for the car is not to track but to enjoy the Spanish countryside and twisty roads. I'm already craving a little more power and noise.
On my Christmas list I have a full Akrpovic exhaust, I think the shocks are on their way out too but will will probably replace and keep oem.
Would also love the K-tec supercharger if I could only justify the outlay.

Let me know what else you think I need to do to the car apart from drive it and look after it!
20220629_184405.jpg

20220629_184304.jpg
20220424_211152.jpg

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
That looks incredible ! That is the perfect car for the roads around there. Definitely don't lower or go for hard coilovers as the roads are better suited to oem suspension.

I was in Gibraltar last week for a bit and stayed near Los Barrios. There are hardly any nice cars in that part of Spain and most cars have battle scars. Some really really good driving roads though, even in the fiat 500 hire car I had a blast driving.

Bet you hate the awful traffic crossing the border with Spain !!

Last edited:
  MK 3 RS200
That looks incredible ! That is the perfect car for the roads around there. Definitely don't lower or go for hard coilovers as the roads are better suited to oem suspension.

I was in Gibraltar last week for a bit and stayed near Los Barrios. There are hardly any nice cars in that part of Spain and most cars have battle scars. Some really really good driving roads though, even in the fiat 500 hire car I had a blast driving.

Bet you hate the awful traffic crossing the border with Spain !!
Thanks for the advice Gus, will def keep standard cup suspension. Even the toll roads can have some quite severe bumps for the cup suspension no one wants to come with me be a passenger haha suits me tho!

There is indeed a lot of battered cars! luckily mine has escaped for the last 10 years pretty sure it's the only clio rs in gib! The border is usually ok getting out to Spain most of the time if you avoid a Friday night as everyone escapes to spain for the weekend and coming back in on a Sunday eve. But the Spanish will do what they want to hold the queue up you can never tell!

2014 Clio 200t edc
That’s a lovely car mate. Is it a limited edition with the yellow blade? Looks really clean though.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Cheers pal, No I think its aftermarket paint, although the redbull version had a yellow blade .
That’s the one I was thinking, don’t think we got it over here, but remember seeing the advert for them and yours looked similar.