ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do Apple have any form of complaints process?

Fiesta ST-3
As above? I'm struggling to find anything.

To give you an over view, my lock button stopped working. So I contacted apple and they arranged for me to have it sent away and repaired/replaced.

A week passed and the phone arrived home stating that "Diagnostic tests confirmed that your iPhone meets apples specifications for acceptable performance, usability and functionality." Low and behold I removed the phone from the packaging and the lock button still did not work.

so finally today I've driven 2 hours to the nearest apple store and within two minutes of a demonstration from me and the chap taking it out the back he stated there was a clear fault they could not fix and thus gave me a brand new phone.

Brilliant. I have a brand new phone BUT I still had to drive two hours to get it fixed when their apple care team clearly failed me. Hence why I want to writing a little letter of dissatisfaction.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Why didnt you ask this question in the apple store, as surely they would know the complaints procedure?

Fiesta ST-3
Personally I'd chalk that one up as a positive outcome.

That is true and I am pleased with the overall outcome. But it still doesn't defer from the fact I've had to take a day off work and drive over 100 miles just to get a fix which should of been identified by the care team.

Well yeah but come on. Like, really? Worth a letter I suppose but personally I'd let it slide. Life isn't perfect. It's a phone.

Never above 25mpg
IIRC isn't there a 3 chance kind of scheme? 2 tries to fix a fault and 3rd time they give you a replacement item? Something in the sales of goods act?

They replaced it on the second time of reporting the fault where it was obviously deemed unfit for purpose.

The only thing you could try and claim back is your fuel from the initial people you sent the iPhone to due to them not discovering the fault in the first place?

But, as people have mentioned above, they probably won't be interested as the problem has been solved regardless of inconvenience to you.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
A 2 Hour drive to the nearest Apple Store? For real?

I assume he meant an hour to it, and an hour back, as he didnt want to live there once he got there.
Took me the same amount of time to do the round trip to my nearest apple store from Taunton as well.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I think his local store is Cardiff which is 2 hours each way for Scott.

I get annoyed having to drive almost an hour to Manchester, luckily Leeds are getting a store this month I think.

I wouldn't bother.

For my MPB, I received THREE that had issues. Eventually I had to drive to Birmingham to pick up a new one. So that was me paying to drive to Brum.

For my iMac, I drove that to the store to get fixed, fair enough. But when I got it home it still had the same problem.
Drove back to get it fixed again, at my expense.

I had a similar story for my phone too.

In total I've probably spent well over £150 just driving to various stores due to them.
And that's not including the days I had to take off to do that, and my time.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
To be fair to Apple, they do offer a UPS swap service for iPhones, where the UPS guy brings you a new phone and you give him your old one. You have to argue to get it free though, unless you have applecare. I used the service last year and paid nothing.

And all the computers can be repaired through authorised repair centres, there is usually one in most cities.