ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do I need stiffer springs? :D

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
Hi there,

After my last trackday I found this photo of me and while I do like the way it came out it looks like I might need stiffer springs, what do you think?
It's on GAZ GHA coilovers with std spring rates (275lb front and 225 or 250 -can't remember- rear). They are the new design with rear coilover style

Thx!

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-05-08 at 16.50.41.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-05-08 at 16.50.41.jpeg
    107.5 KB · Views: 71

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Essentially yes... 275lb is only roughly a 5kg spring.

I would go to a 450lb (8kg) spring on the front.

Ideally could do with a roll centre correction kit too.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
The car is not too lowered, only about 25mm, as I'm really not a fan of slammed look so I prefer saving myself couple of hundred pounds for the roll center kit and invest somewhere else. It's a 15 yo car, there's plenty to do lol!
But will think about some stiffer springs, not to stiff though as it's a road car aswell

robzracing

ClioSport Club Member
Do you run a rear anti roll bar? This will help to some extent for the front too as it will help to reduce the amount of lateral weight transfer.
You’ll notice a significant improvement in the way the car behaves too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
I have only one question. Is it a trackday car? If its used on the road primarily dont worry about it. Try a rear ARB and see how you are.