ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do O2 simlock their phones these days?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Hey guys,

I have basically got a HTC Desire from O2 contract to sell. I have someone interested that wants to know if it's unlocked and tbh I have no idea :S

I know they didn't used to lock their phones, but that was then.

Fiesta ST3
It's a sealed box... Kind of wanted to keep it that way...

theres a post on hotukdeals where they are buying the desire on payg from O2 and all of them are unlocked

so i reckon its a good chance that they are unlocked mate.

1.5dci
Just to threadjack but anyone know what are sencondhand new desires are roughly selling for?
I'm now considering picking up one and going on a 30-day rolling contract instead of a tie-in one

^Approx £285 last time I looked on ebay. The last o2 smartphone I came across was a HTD HD2, and that was locked, unsure about the desire.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I just sold mine for £315 inc P+P if that's any help. I've seen them go as low as 280 and high as 330 over the last few weeks (all brand new). Keep your eyes pealed for mid-week bargains.

1.5dci
I just sold mine for £315 inc P+P if that's any help. I've seen them go as low as 280 and high as 330 over the last few weeks (all brand new). Keep your eyes pealed for mid-week bargains.

ah kwl, seems a gd idea to not be tied in, been on contracts for about 4 years now and it's a bit of a pain tied in for 1.5-2 years when taffifs change so frequently, then again the easiest way to pay is contract as there is no initial lump spend on a phone, it's more manageable at few pounds a week

BMW M4; S1000 RR
And the answer is.....

Tesco mobile 12 month contract... But they don't do the Desire, so you'd have to buy another phone and then sell it to fund a Desire.