ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do these quotes look right for new driver?

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Been doing some quotes and although the ones from Churchil are satisfactory, the rest are stuuuupid money. Do these (or at least the Churchil one) look about right? Anyone my age managed to get cheaper?

This is one of the key factors to help me finally decide which engine size to go for.. Think this has taken out the 1.4 from my choices.
  • £5k car value
  • 20k mileage on car
  • 2004/2005 3-door Dynamique
  • 18 year old
  • Male
  • Up to 6k miles/year
  • Fully comp
  • No named drivers
  • Brand new license/first car
Churchil
1.2 £1790
1.4 £2200
1.5 £1800

Direct Line
1.2 £2127
1.4 £2426
1.5 £2243

Bell
1.2 £2337
1.4 £2575
1.5 £2191

Admiral
1.2 £2492
1.4 £2747
1.5 £2338

Elephant
1.2 £2503
1.4 £2757
1.5 £2348

Kwik-Fit

1.2 £2543
1.4 £2842
1.5 £2711

Quinn-Direct
1.2 £3959
1.4 £4226
1.5 £4226

Quotes seem about right.

If you add a couple of older drivers to your policy then you may find that it goes down a bit.

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Quotes seem about right.

If you add a couple of older drivers to your policy then you may find that it goes down a bit.

Will adding others to my policy affect their own NCB if I were to have an accident? My guess is no as this policy is seperate to their main one?

Edit - Adding my brother or my dad to the cheapest (Churchill) bumped it up by £200. Are there specific insurers who will lower the price for named drivers?

As said the quotes look about right. Add your mum or aunt to the policy & see what happens, just by adding my mum brought mine down by £200 (she's not driving it though)

Civic Type-S GT
i'm with liverpool victoria, when I got my first car I added my dad on to lower the price (slightly) and they were the cheapest for me by miles, mind having one of the highest risk postcodes in the UK didn't really help matters

Megane R26, R21 Turbo
how old are you? my first yar with my trophy was £2500 with norwich union though im 23, i got a quote yesterday with churchill for £9850:dead: think im going with GL at £757 i cant go wrong:)

A3 Tdi
try adrian flux mate, they came out tops for me and non performance mods are free........ *i think*

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
try swinton, i was getting renewal quotes for £600+ everywhere else they came out with £466 :star:

One quote i did was actually reduced by putting my friend who's male and 24yrs old on it as a named driver!
Think is all very random personally!

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
Yep, they are about right i'm afraid fella! The problem is 18 years old + male!
If you can handle not having your own policy/no claims, then insure it in your mum/dads name and get added, you will be able to have a lower excess too.... insuring at your age really is comparable to abuse....

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
why have you not stuck with the quote from bell you said you got in your other thread about insurance?

£1600 with your bother as named driver you said.

put an older female as 2nd driver with the bell quote. does not matter who they are, it will bring it down.

133, 182, Kangoo 182
why have you not stuck with the quote from bell you said you got in your other thread about insurance?

£1600 with your bother as named driver you said.

put an older female as 2nd driver with the bell quote. does not matter who they are, it will bring it down.

I think I put him as spouse instead of "other" so that quote isn't valid.

I'll do the same quotes with named drivers tonight (problem is my mum doesn't drive and I'm pretty sure my sister would bump the price up) and see what differences they make to them all.

Will also try the companies mentioned.

Thanks for all the input..