ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do you drive with ESP on or off?

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
turn it off when i want to have some fun with some1.

you dont lose the reves when the wheels spin unlike when the t.c cuts in with the esp on.

I keep it on as it may save me sometime. Have turned it off, but it probably only makes a difference on track or driving a bit silly on the road.

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
I keep it on as it may save me sometime. Have turned it off, but it probably only makes a difference on track or driving a bit silly on the road.

think i have been saved was going almost sideways! saw it flash a bit -was correcting my mistake with the steering wheel but think the breaks cut in a bit

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27
Yeah good feature and really helps in the wet etc, but when I wanna mess around I turn it off

Clio 182 + Recaros
Good point xzbit.

Besides how many drivers have the talent to notice any benefit. The minority rather than the majority.

Mk2 172
I drive with it on. Nothing at all with it off apart from when you floor it out of a roundabout hard and the esp cuts in which is a pain in the bum sometimes. I leave it on cos it can get you out of trouble sometimes. Its definately the laziest system in the world tho!!!!

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
I tend to leave it on, very rarly will it kick in, and when it does it normally I am being a TIT.

LY V6 with Recaros
I've always left it on. i know the one time i turn it off something will probably happen!

Should it make a beeping sound when you turn in on/off? I have no idea whether its on or off at the moment.

VaVa
I only switch it off if I'm off for some roundabout fun.

Whilst most of us like to think 90mph sweeping bends are where we have fun, in reality for me it's 40 mph roundabouts lol

pug 106 rallye S2
cant turn mine off but it helps in the wet... had to accelerate past someone and held 2nd for too long wheels span at 5k and the traction kicked in... had sat behind them for too long on a 60 limit road with them doing 20!!! grr
stupid of me in the wet but i got annoyed...
kinda like the backup of it being there... my mates golf is evil in the wet!

R53 Cooper S
Re: Do you drive with ESP on or off?
Mostly off,car feels more lively,better pickaway at the lights etc.

Clio 182 cup
havent had my 182 long but i've drove with it off but i'm sure i saw it cut in going round a corner in the wet. not sure if it still cuts in even tho its off. has any one else found this?

Monaco 172
is it true the ph2 172 ff has TC but theres no option to witch it on or off etc, or is that a vicious rumour and its got none whatsoever?

BMW 320d SE
I normally leave it on for the street - it's been a lifesaver in the past! I usually only turn it off for the track.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
My 172 doesn't have it :) Never been an issue if i'm honest.

Extra Stability Programming, its a combination of traction Control and ABS. It senses when a wheel is losing traction and lowers the engine revs accordingly. Always drive with mine on otherwise I'd have bought a CUP. It's a much better system than the Ford one I had on my Focus which applied the brakes as well as lowered the revs when cornering heavily. Put me off the system until I got my Clio.

ST
Off quite a bit in summer, winter on all the time...i hate when it backs off the power mid corner...go down a bit of road you know and drive a lot with the traction control on, turn in to the corners carrying a bit of pace, do the same with the traction control off and you'll notice a difference!!