ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do you ever think?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I see what you mean, but I've been driving for over 10 years now myself, the clio is by no means the quickest most powerful car I've ever owned (or driven) I too like to concentrate on the road so I hardly ever have the radio on, except like you said in traffic.

I do think though from owning a 2cv!! before it aint about the amount of power you need to have fun, or loose control for that matter. Real pro's like McRae, Burns and Sainz have lost it (many times) finding the limits of cars and conditions they know better than anyone else, some of those crashes were at 60mph on tarmac in a car with £300k's worth of handling mods!

Yup, my car is for getting me about really, but it handles fairly well for a basic model in my opinion. It could be put together better in a backstreet bar though, accidents happen. It's the way of the game.

I like to think by being constantly alert (never sitting back and listening to that new fiddy album) I'm less likely to cause an accident, but we all have our moments.. (I had 2 in my first year of driving, nothing major, one was pushing a fiesta 1.6 through some B roads, and there must've been some oil/spillage there because the back just flew out on a corner that I can take +15mph in the Clio and the other time was in traffic whilst I was fiddling trying to find something under my seat:dapprove:)

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Not a clue, all I know is that they still have his deposit (5 or 10k can't remember) and there's no set date for the car despite his efforts.