ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do you think i'll need spacers??

Ultra Red Clio 197
Im getting a set of 16" 182 anthracite
s.gif
alloys to put on my black 2001 1.2 Dynamique.. Will I need spacers? say 5mm? Or can they just go straight on? I cant find the thread, but someone else was talking about this on here before..

If I do need them, are there any on ebay that are suitable? Im clueless about this area, so any advice is appreciated!

Cheers ;)

titanic killer
what offset is your car mate i no its a ph2 right? but non sport so will prob be 37mmish i think but could be talking crap?

Ultra Red Clio 197
ive no idea what offset it is! how would I go about finding that out? i'l probably have to bring it to get balanced/re-aligned or whatever you call it so maybe the guys at my local tyre garage will know

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
you dont need them tbh, they'll go straight on

they are a lower offset than the standard dynamique wheels iirc

if you want spacers purely for looks, remember that you need longer bolts to compensate... don't skimp

Dude i put a pair of 16" 's on my clio II 1.2 1998 and i had a bit of a problem when i went over road areas that where uneven or their was a bit of a ditch, cause the wheels scraped on the inside arch! so i think its better to get a pair of spacers to avoid that. Also be prepared for a big power loss when you put those 16's on, the pull of gets a bit dissapointing. But you cant have the best of both worlds i suppose. Personally im selling my 16's now and getting a pair of 15's, less trouble and better pull off:)

hope this helped man

peace