Matthew_
ClioSport Club Member
Hoping someone with more knowledge or experience than me can help.
For context I'm currently running a standard 182 manifold and cat as far as I can tell.
It's using the standard mounting & gasket system between them but it's awful, I've replaced all the components but the cat still just sags and makes my exhaust look like a V shape under the car which means Im scraping the cat on speed bumps etc
I wanted to move to a v band system for the join to make it run straight under the car which I've seen threads on here where people have done it however I was hoping to keep the original cat which is where my problem is.
The threads I've seen show a Flexi being added after the v band in the section where the cat would be as by adding the v band join youve removed the flexibility the OEM exhaust gasket gives the exhaust for when the engine moves.
So my question is do I need a Flexi?
Has anyone had any experience or done this exact job of converting to v band and keeping the cat and if so how?
Or any other help, suggestions or advice would be much appreciated
For context I'm currently running a standard 182 manifold and cat as far as I can tell.
It's using the standard mounting & gasket system between them but it's awful, I've replaced all the components but the cat still just sags and makes my exhaust look like a V shape under the car which means Im scraping the cat on speed bumps etc
I wanted to move to a v band system for the join to make it run straight under the car which I've seen threads on here where people have done it however I was hoping to keep the original cat which is where my problem is.
The threads I've seen show a Flexi being added after the v band in the section where the cat would be as by adding the v band join youve removed the flexibility the OEM exhaust gasket gives the exhaust for when the engine moves.
So my question is do I need a Flexi?
Has anyone had any experience or done this exact job of converting to v band and keeping the cat and if so how?
Or any other help, suggestions or advice would be much appreciated