ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dodgy temp needle happenings!!!!

Clio mk2 phase 2
Hi all. So..... cars been running perfectly, jumped on the M6 and was only on it for say ten minutes when all of a sudden the red STOP light came on my dash. Realised it was my temp needle that was shooting up say every 30 seconds. Then dropped straight back to half way, all within about 4 seconds.

it kept doing this and also dropping below half way every now again. Then my heaters were blowing cold.

I came off the motorway and when driving normal roads my heaters warmed up and the erratic needle issue went.
Parked up, then drove 5 mins later and my heaters went red hot and normal.
car feels perfect to drive, just this weird temp needle issue. Anyone else experienced this?

Keeps happening when I'm on the motorway..

Thanks all

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Sounds more like a water pump issue to me. Heaters going cold all of a sudden is normally due to air in the matrix or a lack of flow/pressure.

Mec 350 slk manual
Hi mick how much would it cost for an a/c delete kit and new water pump fitted
thanks

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Are you supplying the delete kit? A new waterpump with coolant is £140

Mec 350 slk manual
Just had a look at pure Motorsport for the basic kit at £145 would this be any good for the phase 1
thanks
martin

Clio mk2 phase 2
I thought it might of been thermostat. Drives like a dream when town driving and it only happens sometimes. Might have to get it in the garage :( how much u reckon for a new pump and fitting?

Mec 350 slk manual
Have a look at micks reply on just the part and coolant and then pm him for a total with fitting