ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

does anyone do lower subframes for the standard seats?

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Not that i'm aware, only option you have is to remove the vibration mounts, that should see it drop around 15-20mm, i hate the standard seat height aswell, i'm 6'2 :dapprove:

rps13
think they're just rubber washers, gonna have a crack at it soon.

will make a guide if it works

M2 Competition
Do these actually take out any vibration james?

I got the impression they'd stop water ingress a bit too so left them in.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
15-20mm would be good! Does anyone actually drive the car on anything but loest seating position?

S2000 + E91 330D
i just un-done the seat, took it out, and theres 4 rubber washer things. About 20mm high, i just pulled them out and put the seat back in!

rps13
no not really, the rubber washers dont hold anything together. you can replace them with 2mm metal washers or just cut them down if you're worried.

hopefully get around to making that guide tmrw

S2000 + E91 330D
Slightly. My missus even said i looked like hobbit..:( Obviously its not a great deal. but if you just want a few mm, might aswell. took me about 10mins, long 12mm(IIRC) ratchet+extension and pliers to pull the rubber washers out, just remeber to unplug the wires underneath before you start pullling out the seat!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
So undue seats from undeath the car, then lift them out.

Then the rubber washers wil be in the footwell under the seat?

S2000 + E91 330D
So undue seats from undeath the car, then lift them out.

Then the rubber washers wil be in the footwell under the seat?

Yeah, you can see them. Rubber washers sticking out the carpet. Pull them out. I pulled the carpet back slightly for the two nearer the door, makes it abit easyer to get out

did taking the rubber things out lower it then?

Slightly. like 20mm

S2000 + E91 330D
haha yeah i was abit skitty with the car being up on axle stands on snow and ice and me underneath it

RB 182 Cup
Taken mine out today, Noticeably lower. Really good mod though for the standard seats.

Dont expect to be sitting on the floor, about a inch max lower

182 cup packs
If the washers are there to stop vibration, by taking them out do you get shaken to death? Are they the big rubber/plastic things you see that surround the bolts that attach the subframe to the floor?

An pics of these rubber washers ?
Even though it sounds self explanatory.
And do these rubber washers act as a barrier between the outside and inside at all to stop water ingress ?
And is it honestly worth the hassle ?

Pics after and before would be great.. ;)

TrackCar & F30 330d
Hmm i think mine may have been taken out be the last owner?!
The seats seem to be as low as they will go. i can see any rubber parts.

IMG_3620.jpg

IMG_3621.jpg

And how on eather do ya get the Black and red clip apart? Lift the red bit up but mine just wont come apart :(

Hmm i think mine may have been taken out be the last owner?!
The seats seem to be as low as they will go. i can see any rubber parts.

IMG_3620.jpg

IMG_3621.jpg

And how on eather do ya get the Black and red clip apart? Lift the red bit up but mine just wont come apart :(

Cheers for pics Chrispy ;)

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Crispy there under the subframe thats the rubber washer lmao :) easy to remove,

the black clip is hard to get out, but iirc the red clip needs to come right out, iv broken it on the driver side when i was fitting sport seats in, and tbh it hasnt made asny different :)

Keep tryin to get it out man, its a stinker but youl get there :)

So how much difference does this make? Is it worth while for someone of 6' 1" i have my seat slammed and all the way back.

Thats looks like a good inch or so. Might give it a go for 15mins work. Just undo from underneath then? And chair will pop out?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
yeee, un-do underneath, lift chair remove and fit the bolts back :D simple ... tbh you dont need to remove the airbag connection atall, there is room to do it :)

rps13
yes mate you are looking for these bungs
DSC_0010-1.jpg

remove and then remove these bolts:

DSC_0012-1.jpg

the other two bolts are in the exhaust channel, there are two bit circular cutouts you will have to feel for with your hand.

take out the mounts:

DSC_0024-1.jpg

DSC_0033-1.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

wack these back in with some washers and your 15mm lower exactly.

you will need a long 1/2'' socket for the bolts

Alex.

Ah so washers are needed then? What size did you use? Just to check ive got some of the f*****s before i get the seat off.

rps13
you can use any old washers as long as they have at least a 10mm internal diameter.

the reason i used these is to stop the runners and rivets fouling on the carpet.

excuse the stupid bin man gloves it's cold here!!!

RB 182 Cup
lol alex i didnt even put those bits back in, i just took the whole lot of the black washer things off and bolted back up :p

Golf GTD Mk7
well the recaros are supposed to be 15mm lower than standard seats and I didn't notice much. Might give this a crack though.

Why do you need to take out the metal bit from the visible plastic circular thing. Do you not just take out the mount under this?