ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does anyone else's temperature gauge do this...

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
A while back my temp gauge was fluctuating slightly so I changed the CTS and all was well, gauge bang on in the middle all the time again. Been out tonight and realised its back to its old tricks. Sits at just below half most of the time, when you boot it the gauge rises to the middle, and then within 5 seconds of lifting off the throttle it drops back down to just below half.

It's only caught my attention because it is usually bang on centre. I bought a new thermostat the last time but never changed it as the CTS seemed to do the trick. Could this solve things?

If not it's going to BTM in 2 weeks so I can get Fred to check it over.

RenaultSport clio 18
Sounds like the thermostat.....changing it is a 10 minute job at most. Even I was able to do it.:cool:

Mk1 16v brooklands
Mine done this i was told thermostat, so i changed the thermostat and the cts. Nothing happened, found out it was the earth on the passenger side wheel arch