ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does the V6 body kit for standard clios look the same?

clio 1.4 petrol
Hey I am interested in this body kit however i have heard a few people say it does have quite a few differences to reall v6 body is this true?

RB 200 Cup!
do not ever buy this kit - all V6 replica look absolute shite - never looks right and im sure other will agree

It'll look crap on a non-v6 matey. Don't do it. You'll need huge spacers on your wheels just to make it look a bit better, but then you'll have drums on the rear. You'll just be weighing the car down and it'll look daft

clio 1.4 petrol
Dont worry im not going to do it! lol was just enquiring as iv heard many people its looks s**t on standard clios. So has anyone got any pics on standard clios to i see wats so bad about it?

It does look s**t, most of the issues are relating to the quality of materials, panel gaps/fit and even if you are too blind to spot either of those the laughable attempts with spacers etc to fill the arches/position the wheels correctly in them. Always looks w**k.

clio 1.4 petrol
HAHA ok ill take all your words for it.

Im considering a kit in future for my mk2 clio 1.4 but iIwont something subtle and not chavy. Anyone got any nice suggestions?

Yeah, dont bother ;)

Seriously with the money you'd spend getting a "good" kit fitted and painted you could get a better standard car. You'd look back in a few years and think you were a tit for shelling out on kitting a 1.4 when you could have bought a vee or 172 for the extra you'd spent.

clio 1.4 petrol
ye looney thats my problem just now! :p I would love to save up for a 172 but im only 17 and its the insurance thats the problem...

FOR SALE!!!
not every body wants a 172/182 and some people mite think about kitting a small car up rather than a more expensice car as they may only want to do it once as most young people tend to make there cars personal i think only problem on this fourms is every 1 wants ever 1 else car to look like there and not personal to the owner

clio 1.4 petrol
in wat way would saving up for a 172 be cheaper anyway loony... k-tec do engine conversion to 2 litre for 3k i think a 172/182 second hand would still cost s**t loads more would it not?..

and yes leigh the rule "money u spent on modding your car could ahve been spent on better stock car" applies with most cars its just fact some people like to personalise there car.

Civic Vtec y0
you can pick up 172's for under 4k now, 5k will get you a good example!

Dont waste money on body kits, neons etc etc

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255
Wheelbase on a real V6 is different to a normal one ... hence the rear wheels will never sit properly in the rear arches with a kit.

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255
^ But that kit you have from eBay looks well smart on your 1.2 billydong ;)
Yeh ... but the effort involved was really serious! It took days pulling very, very, very hard on the rear of the body shell to stretch the wheelbase the extra bit needed to match the V6 wheelbase :(.

Clio 172 mk2
It'll look crap on a non-v6 matey. Don't do it. You'll need huge spacers on your wheels just to make it look a bit better, but then you'll have drums on the rear. You'll just be weighing the car down and it'll look daft

Yeah....you can always spot a lookalike by the drums at the rear.....usually painted some lairy colour lol

Clio 1.2 8v
lol yer do it y not. then ur car will look shite like this. hahaha

main.jpg

CS Dungeon
There are a couple that look spot on, cant find the links but im sure someone will post them soon.

Iirc you can change the complete rear axle for the rear discs and get some custom spacers made up so your wheels fill the arches.

The one thats at the shows is spot on, it's the one with loads of ice in the boot, I think its a sort of brown ish colour, got the reg S88RCE or something. It looks real as it was done with real v6 parts (i think matt black supplied them ?) the rest of the replicas look s**t.