ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does this look low enough to you??

spaxrsxclio.gif

Got Spax RSX Gas coilovers on - I know Fred wont approve of ride height but I think it looks ok - what do you guys think??

'18 Megane dci
Looks ok from here mate, it's all about the handling ;), mine's on KW coilivers, not exactly low but handles like a different car.

'18 Megane dci
They were about £650, had them on the car for just under a year, just settling in nicely now, I think they're great! :approve:

I agree with that Dave - I already have eibach pro springs and it handles great but am getting some Spax coilovers - im just worried they wont lower it enough for my liking - this is the only photo spax have of a 172 with their RSX kit but its definately lower than mine at the mo so should look better. I already have Spax RSX Gas rear shock and it handles loads better - the back is not so jumpy and feels fixed to the floor going round bends at high speeds where as as standard it was quite scary!

'18 Megane dci
timsclio172 said:
I agree with that Dave - I already have eibach pro springs and it handles great but am getting some Spax coilovers - im just worried they wont lower it enough for my liking - this is the only photo spax have of a 172 with their RSX kit but its definately lower than mine at the mo so should look better. I already have Spax RSX Gas rear shock and it handles loads better - the back is not so jumpy and feels fixed to the floor going round bends at high speeds where as as standard it was quite scary!

I upgraded from Eibach Pro's too mate, tbh the KW kit I have only lowers the rear 20-30mm max, front will lower to 55mm but I only had mine to -30mm at the front due to the killer speed ramps where I live. Lots of people in CS have gone for the H&R or FK coilover kits, maybe you should consider those if you want to go lower? :D

Dave - have you a photo of yours from the side - i would be interested to see how it looks as the spax rear springs lower the car 25mm which is probably about the same as yours then. I dont want to go too low just about a further 15mm all round would be good enough - again the speed bumps and pot holes in cardiff are a frigin nightmare so really low aint an option.
Just came off the phone to my mate from Spax - he seems to think the ride height will be good - any lower and would start to compromise handling. He also said that their shocks will obviously be stiffer than standard but will still be a good ride.

thats the photo my mate in spax sent me of the car they first fitted them to. Thats the only photo they have unfortunately.

'18 Megane dci
No probs Tim. :D

badinvinsible - yup, we have the /----\ type ramps here, I have to drive over the top of 2 of them in the middle of the road to avoid any contact. :(

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2
^ Lol @ Fred! ^

Get it as low as you can get away with Tim! You can always wind them back up a bit if you need it a bit higher for anything. Only takes 10 mins to do. Don't even need to take the wheels off.

The Bear said:
^ Lol @ Fred! ^

Get it as low as you can get away with Tim! You can always wind them back up a bit if you need it a bit higher for anything. Only takes 10 mins to do. Don't even need to take the wheels off.

thats good to know - as it will be fixed height at the rear I will just set the front to match

2005 Impreza WRX STI
day- coilovers are down for riding, higher for track days!:evil: as fred says..10 min job, thats the beauty of them!

Lionel Richie
Clarkie172 said:
day- coilovers are down for riding, higher for track days!:evil: as fred says..10 min job, thats the beauty of them!

another homo!!! and i thought you were harcore!!

winding coilovers up for trackdays!!! NO

Clarkie172 said:
How many trackdays did you do again Paul?