ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dog b****cks Xigmatec case

Evo 5 RS
Thought I'd put my i7 1366 revamp in here, mainly because of the chassis I went with (For those who like a bit of nerdage now and again) Not finished putting it together yet, CPU block is yet to arrive but you get the idea

It's fookin' massive, best £150 I've ever spent. Hopefully going to use it to house my dual cpu beast towards the end of the year.

Currently running my 2 year old 965 Extreme @ 4.3Ghz, 12GB Dominator XMS3, 580GTX SLi(to be W/C if funds allow), 2x 300Gb Raptor X in RAID0, 2x Vertex 3 120GB in RAID0, 2TB WD. XSPC 750 Res/Pump 5.25", 360 XSPS Radiator.

excuse the iphone pics

pictureax.jpg

picture006lu.jpg

picture009mf.jpg

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Average. ;)

Pearly white fans at the minute. How long before they get caked in s**t?!

Do you run the 580's slammed together? I'd leave an slot-space between the two if you can.

D.

Evo 5 RS
Re: Dog b****cks Xigmatec case

In the flat it will probably be covered in dust before I get to turn it on later lol

I was running the cards further apart however those two are 16x lanes, the other is 8x. Even though the board supposedly supports 3 cards!

it's the Gigabyte UD3R. (They don't exceed 80c normally, well within tolerance ;))

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

In the flat it will probably be covered in dust before I get to turn it on later lol

I was running the cards further apart however those two are 16x lanes, the other is 8x. Even though the board supposedly supports 3 cards!

it's the Gigabyte UD3R. (They don't exceed 80c normally, well within tolerance ;))

FLOL - you got me double-checking mine at that! ;)

PCI Express x16 slots 1 through to 4 on mine - total overkill....

D.

Evo 5 RS

I went for the Phobya block, will see how it goes - I had the XSPC Delta 3 before but I didn't think it was all that good tbh.

Should be all back together and done by tomorrow night hopefully. Also this is the first time I've used compression fittings so will definitely be doing a leak test minus the innards lol

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I guess if your only doing CPU cooling things are pretty loose, its when you come to do GPU and MB cooling on top you need to start using 45s and 90s. You shouldn't have any problems with the straights.

Evo 5 RS
aye, well thats the plan eventually but I'm not sure about splashing out on 580 water-blocks at this stage, might wait! Can't really afford it at the moment.

I've bought loads of white sleeving and cable tidies so it's all perfect.. or at least near as lol

Evo 5 RS

Finshed putting it together just now. Compression fittings are loads better... just a few more braiding/tidy bits coming and it's done

p1010103p.jpg

Evo 5 RS
the watercooling setup is extremely quiet, the pump is fairly silent - all fans are hooked up to the digital controller in the front bay so speed can be toggled like

Currently with the CPU clocked @ 4.3 it's running at steady 36c idle and hits 52c under load..makes the video cards seem more annoying when the fans ramp up though

Evo 5 RS
yeah was looking at those, maybe in a month or two.. I normally chop out and sell up for next gen though, so not sure if it's worth it. Not that 580GTX SLi isn't overkill enough already. lol

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Not as expensive as I thought, tbh. Does that just cool the GPU itself though - not the memory on the card?

yeah was looking at those, maybe in a month or two.. I normally chop out and sell up for next gen though, so not sure if it's worth it. Not that 580GTX SLi isn't overkill enough already. lol

Feel free to PM me when you're thinking of retiring one of those 580GTX's!

D.

Evo 5 RS

Covers the entire block including all memory modules. I mean they do run a whole lot cooler, but they have such a high tolerance anyway that's not really a problem (plus GPU overclocking is basically like trying to ice skate up a hill). It's when the fans start belting away you wish you had them on the loop.

Evo 5 RS

New Roccat 5.1 headset and mouse mat came this morning. I've been putting up with an old Turtle Beach set which had about 3 channels out and were completely f**ked