ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Don't buy fakes mmKay!

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Probably been around for years but ive just seen them..

f**k driving and hearing the noise it must of made..

Fake BBS rims
268696_10150295492216291_604066290_9567701_1677110_n.jpg

rim2.jpg

Im guessing that this doesnt happen very often? lol

Something odd about that. Its not the same wheel.

Split in front of the face, between the outer lip but the second photo shows its cracked on the inner side with the outer lip still intacked.

Disastra Coupe
Something odd about that. Its not the same wheel.

Split in front of the face, between the outer lip but the second photo shows its cracked on the inner side with the outer lip still intacked.

Thinking the same, also, possibly different bolt's but in the first picture the wheel bolts are manky old things, the last picture they're nice and shiny. Not the same wheels i'm thinking.

I would never fit potentially cheaply produced fake alloy wheels. Especially with the high speed driving I often do in Germany. Wheels are subject to massive stresses. No way would I buy one without having at least some sense of quality assurance.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Don't buy reals either!

Broken TE37:

bend2.jpg

Broken CR-KAI's:

motivator7896604pr6.jpg

Broken Advans:

368517823.jpg

Broken RPF1's:

368517825.jpg

I was driving to manchester a few weeks ago when there was a bit of snow and there was a crash involving a brand new insignia and the rims were smashed to bits a combination of what's happened in pics 2 and 3. Looked nasty! Tho tbh I think if it's taking that much of a wallop it's going to f*** it whether its genuine or not!

Sell me your 197
whats wrong with the bent TE37? obviously it's hit something. the fact it's bent is good, better than having it shatter like the fakes

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
19" bbs lm originals are over 3k without tyres. You can buy reps for £500 without tyres - they could all buckle five times and you'd still be in front!

That's assuming one of those 5 failures hadn't killed you. You can keep your shitty copied wheels made out of cheese somewhere in china. I'd always buy a product from a company who actually spends money on R&D and testing to ensure it's fit for purpose.

GTD, Lupo
Its not just fakes that suffer, i remember audi recalling all the rs4`s and rs6`s as the wheels were buckerling as they were made from a soft alloy as audi came up with the magic idea that if the wheel is softer it will save the suspension in an impact..:clown:

Last edited:
It's also quite common for the 17" wheels on an audi A2 to buckle and bend when hitting pot holes. probably mainly due to having a 40 profile tyre.
I've had a set of audi replica wheels and never had a problem with them bending or getting any flat spots, they were very cheap too and had 40 profile tyres like the originals did.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
My mate was saying BMW wheels are the worst. He says he's seen countless cracked wheels, ones he just cant balance..etc

A mate of mine bought a set of fox wheels years ago which are of a similar quality to these fake rims and the buckled before even getting on the car. The mere pressure of the jaws on the tyre fitting machine bent them out of shape. Utter dogshit.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
There are lots of people that fit track wheels to road cars and are surprised when they hit a pot hole and the wheel is fucked.