ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

door badge

R27 - 77/500
anybody know where i can get the silver badges on the doors? mine are looking a bit scabby.

also any body got ideas for getting those annoying bits off tar off body work.

ta

Clio Campus Sport
u want the ones that say '16v' or '2.0 16v'?
u can get them from ebay, the ones with 2.0 are cheaper than the ones with just 16v.

and not sure about removing tar from bodywork

Monaco Blue Mk2
Yeah, ebay or ask in the 'wanted' section on here.

For removing tar you need clay. Meguires Clay with quick detail spray is probably your best bet and easiest to get hold of. It's about 10-12 quid in halfords and most decent motor spares place. You need to wash the car first, then rinse it off, the while keeping the car lubricated with either the quick detail spray or some car shampoo and water in a spray bottle, work about a third of the clay (that you have made warm and soft in your hand) around the body work, a kneeding technique works well. dry when done with a microfibre towel. You're best doing little bits at a time. i.e. do half the bonnet with clay and then dry it, do the other half, dry it and so on.

Clio Campus Sport
yep, the trick to pop them off without scratching your paintwork is use a flat screwdriver and push it out from the flat side of the badge, and they will pop off easily