ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

door bullet removal?!

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
Hi, just wondering if anyone knows how to get the door bullet badges off a 2003 clio? I know it has 3 clips, but is that all thats holding it on? i've tried pulling on the badges pretty hard but to no avail! is it a flathead screwdriver job? just dont wanna go straight in there use some force and snap something!

also, does anyone know if its possible to remove the glove box door off a clio without removing the whole lower dash?!

cheers!:)

Monaco 53/468
Not sure on the glovebox but the bullets are quite simple, pull the bottom of the bullet upwards from the underside of it, slowly pull up with your fingers and it should come away

I put a screwdriver in between the side of the bullet at the bottom (where the big clip is) and pulled like fook. Seems like it's gonna snap but it won't!

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
Cheers guys, will have a go at it either tomorrow or at the weekend!

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
how do you take the sidestipes off?! haha

one of mine is abit loose due to me pulling at it trying to get the bullet off! :S

Black Dynamique
yeah i did my bullets recently,
easiest way is with a flat head screwdriver, put it between the bullet and sidestrip and gently prise it off.

Front door strips are a piece of pish to get off. Open the door, remove the black grommet on the back of it where the side strip sits, look inside and you'll see a clip thats attached to the strip. Stick a screw driver behind it and push it towards the back of the door and they pop right off.

Rear ones just get something that won't damage paintwork e.g the handle of a rubbet mallet, sit it on the end of the strip and give it a good dunt towards the front of the door.

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
I think my bullets must be stuck on with something, when I pull it it makes a noise like ripping fabric :S lol

not going to take em off untill i've got some superglue on hand for when i want to put them back on! lol

172 cup
JME

whats with the roll eyes? I got mine off by hand so is that not a way of doing it! so whats your beef . . .

TT 225
i remove with mine with my fingers. i would feel a bit iffy sticking a screwdriver anywhere near my paintowrk even with a cloth wrapped around it.