ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Door speaker gone?

Clio 1.2 16v
Hi guys,

my problem is....

had my new component speakers in about 2 weeks now, and this morning was listening at a moderate level and the right side just cut out?

I'm not overpowering them, and it wasn't up loud enough to blow them so no idea, i tried it again a few mins ago and there is still come sound but its so faint its untrue, when music is up it sounds like nothing is coming through.

I'm getting fixed tomorow as i hope its just like loose wiring or something rather not spend another hundred quid on getting new ones....

any ideas on what it could be?

BMW M135i
I'd go loose wiring first then i'd assume that its dead and get a warrenty replacment, these things do happen.

Clio 1.2 16v
Yeah, they are covered by the place i brought them so i could send them back no trouble at all,

Would rather it just be a loose connection or something rather than wait for new ones...

BMW M135i
Like I say check it first but after that theres not much else you can do. Swap them over to check its a problem with the speaker and not elsewhere but thats about it really.

Mk2 Ph1 Clio Sport 1.4
if there is extremely little sound but still some sound coming through, the wire may have been partially cut. Happened to my aux cable and the sound was still there but extremely quiet

Clio 1.2 16v
Cheers, i'm taking it in today to get it fixed free of charge by the place who put them in, so if they can sort it out for free and i don't have to buy new speakers all the better....!

Mustang, S13, AX GT
I would have said to check the terminals on the amp aswell, mine went very weak on the speakers so I took it off of the terminal and screwed it back on again and problem solved...

Clio 1.2 16v
Right well just got it back, the car has been with them for about 4 hours now, and well absolutly no difference, the speaker is working but now sounds like tweeters aren't going, really really annoyed as i pretty much bet they know whats wrong but won't do nothing unless i was to pay them.

Really disapointed as they promised nothing was wrong and they checked every wire, speaker, everything but its just still not right. I've messed with the settings on the HU but ahh wel...

Clio 1.2 16v
I have rung them again, they reckon its fine and i am just panicing, so sometime this week i am going to take it somewhere else, where i have to pay to get it sorted how s**t is that....

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
I have rung them again, they reckon its fine and i am just panicing, so sometime this week i am going to take it somewhere else, where i have to pay to get it sorted how s**t is that....
Just check it yourself. If you dont find anything obvious then take it somewhere else.

clio 182, both cup packs.
What about a manufacturers warrenty? Could the speaker be taken out an tested individually?